Bluewater 40 Boat Deck & Roof Overhang Extension

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks really good. If no one knew, they would never suspect the boat had been altered. That's the kind of modifications I like. Excellent work.

That looks really good. If no one knew, they would never suspect the boat had been altered. That's the kind of modifications I like. Excellent work.

Thank you!

Did you look at my Pilothouse Replacement Project?

It's under Home / Trawler Builders Forums / Bluewater

Subtle, yes but to me the extension eludes to a smoother line, an improvement.

Thank you!

Did you look at my Pilothouse Replacement Project?

It's under Home / Trawler Builders Forums / Bluewater
You're welcome. I did not catch it but I am viewing that thread now. :thumb:

I do a fair amount of carpentry and believe you did very first job, very nice!:thumb:

Thanks Tator.

I fish out of my tender.

Are you back?

Got back from AK towards the end of Sept. Hoping to get pictures of our rebuild 2004-2005 posted to the Bluewater section this month.

Tator

Got back from AK towards the end of Sept. Hoping to get pictures of our rebuild 2004-2005 posted to the Bluewater section this month.

Tator

Yes it would be good to have other threads in the Bluewater section.

Do you leave the boat in AK?

Yes, we leave her in the water all tarped up in Petersburg. As much as we wish we could have her back in Puget Sound to work on her during the winter, we got tired of making the trip up and down every year.

Tator

Do you use the original crane to lift that 600 pound dinghy? I just bought one of these boats. What is the lifting capacity of the original crane?

Do you use the original crane to lift that 600 pound dinghy? I just bought one of these boats. What is the lifting capacity of the original crane?

Sandpiper did not come equipped with a crane. PO used the boom and electric winch to lift a 10' inflatable.

The boom is too big of a hassle to use so I bought a 500# Nick Jackson pipe davit to lift my 10' Livingston with a 15 HP 2 stroke. Total weight about 250#.

When I acquired the current 13' FG center console which weighed 600#, I had Nick Jackson build me an 800# capacity pipe davit.

Did you buy a Bluewater? Which one?

Amazing work. I have same Bluewater. Love this boat. I can see the benefit in extending the fantail cover. Great idea. I have just completed redoing salon roof, pilothouse roof and forward deck...not cheap, but with a little brightwork finishing, I'll be 1000%. The best thing I like is my "ice machine". Email me and I'll send pics. BruceEHolmesPE@gmail.com

Once again, great job!

Amazing work. I have same Bluewater. Love this boat. I can see the benefit in extending the fantail cover. Great idea. I have just completed redoing salon roof, pilothouse roof and forward deck...not cheap, but with a little brightwork finishing, I'll be 1000%. The best thing I like is my "ice machine". Email me and I'll send pics. BruceEHolmesPE@gmail.com

Once again, great job!

Thank you!

I would love to see any Bluewater project pictures.

Please start a thread in the Bluewater section and post your pictures there so everyone can see them.

Yes, please post pics. I will be rebuilding my foredeck this summer and I’d like to know what I’m getting into.

Yes, please post pics. I will be rebuilding my foredeck this summer and I’d like to know what I’m getting into.

What's happening to your foredeck?

Some soft spots, wet spots, a pretty good leak, and just ugly in general. I might patch it but I’ll probably replace it.

Last edited:
Some soft spots, wet spots, and just ugly in general. I might patch it but I’ll probably replace it.

This winter I will be adding pictures of our rebuild, including decks, to the Bluewater page. Take my advice, plan on replacing-not patching!

Tator

Back
Top Bottom