Can I move a Kadey Krogen 42 by truck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But I'll bring a bottle of Jefferson Ocean, Voyage 19, and the appropriate large ice cubes, for consumption only when moored, of course.

Looking at purchasing a KK 42. Does anybody know if possible to move one from say Fla to Tx gulf coast by truck? Thanks
Given that her beam is 15' and the legal limit for width is 8.5', you would be looking at some significant wide load shipping costs. Plus, 14' is your height limit, and I would be surprised if she would be that low once on a trailer.

Probably cheaper to hire a skipper if you don't want to pilot her yourself.

Moving by truck

You can go higher than 13.5 but it costs more. I moved my AT34 from Tennessee to Washington, it was about 14' 5" on the truck. It required a lead car with a pole the whole way, and wasn't cheap.

When considering the time involved between trucking and water delivery, the truck will travel pretty quickly but there will be a LOT of decommission/recommission time at each end. So for this distance I am not sure there is much overall time difference.

That’s true. I should have included that info. The main point I was making is that it required the removal of the flybridge, which I wasn’t willing to do. I’m not even sure that a KK flybridge can be removed without cutting and re fiberglassing. I wouldn’t do it.

Half the fun in getting somewhere else is the going. Just point it in the direction of Texas and go. Not rocket science, and you will learn things along the way.

But I'll bring a bottle of Jefferson Ocean, Voyage 19, and the appropriate large ice cubes, for consumption only when moored, of course.

Well....one might want to set at least four watches per day anyhow :socool:

Last edited:
Given that her beam is 15' and the legal limit for width is 8.5', you would be looking at some significant wide load shipping costs. Plus, 14' is your height limit, and I would be surprised if she would be that low once on a trailer.

Probably cheaper to hire a skipper if you don't want to pilot her yourself.
Yeah, I cover that as I have been moving boats lately. Max height, at least in the east is 13 foot 6 inches. Pilot car is required on anything over 13 foot wide to hold back traffic in tight spots, and a second pilot car is required on anything over 13 feet 6 inches tall to run out front and check bridge clearances. See my other post in this thread for more info.

Back
Top Bottom