Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-21-2018, 12:41 AM   #21
Guru
 
angus99's Avatar
 
City: Signal Mtn., TN
Vessel Name: Stella Maris
Vessel Model: Defever 44
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
You might be able to but the difficulty is the fitting at the injectors and also where the line goes through the rubber gasket just befor the injector. That could be a challenge. We bought a spare set 6 for our FL SP135 for less than $200.
Thanks, Larry. I should have priced them before I asked. That’s surprisingly reasonable.
__________________
Advertisement

angus99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:13 AM   #22
Guru
 
psneeld's Avatar
 
City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Freedom
Vessel Model: Albin 40
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 23,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by angus99 View Post
Thanks, Larry. I should have priced them before I asked. That’s surprisingly reasonable.
Shop around, a new set of injector pipes for a 120 is goingnear $800 with shipping.

Be careful, they rust easy if stored in the bilge. Worth vacuum packing if you can.
__________________

psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:03 AM   #23
Guru
 
angus99's Avatar
 
City: Signal Mtn., TN
Vessel Name: Stella Maris
Vessel Model: Defever 44
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by psneeld View Post
Shop around, a new set of injector pipes for a 120 is goingnear $800 with shipping.

Be careful, they rust easy if stored in the bilge. Worth vacuum packing if you can.
Thanks, Scott. Clearly, I need to do some research.
angus99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:25 AM   #24
TF Site Team
 
Larry M's Avatar
 
City: Jacksonville
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,814
Lehman Diesel | eBay

I bought ours from a tractor supply but here’s an example for the 120.
Larry M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:28 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
BIG CAT's Avatar
 
City: Kiln,MS
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDan1943 View Post
Just curious, how many folks carry spare injectors?

If a fuel line carries away, what is the proper recommendation, let it continue to pump the fuel or make an attempt to squeeze the pressure side of the line shut?

Tonight, I spent a hour reading the news. Nothing good is happening.
Never cap it. If the line is shot. Remove it and run the line/hose down to a clean 5gal bucket and check the level frequently. also never clean the injector tips with anything but a brass wire brush.
BIG CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:37 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
BIG CAT's Avatar
 
City: Kiln,MS
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by angus99 View Post
Would it be practical/possible to have a couple of emergency fuel lines made using high-pressure hose and appropriate fittings? We have Lehman 135s and it seems like a one-foot and two-foot hose would cover the waterfront if we had a breakdown—enough to limp back to civilization perhaps—and allow for quick change-outs. Cheaper, as well, than carrying a full set of spares.
I wouldn't attempt it unless it's a a very dier situation. If you have a hose rated for the psi the other would need to be as close to the exact length and id of the original line as possible. Any variations would change timing dimension and could potentially damage that cylinder. If you look at your injector lines you should notice the ones closest to the pump still have the same length as the ones that are the furthest away.
BIG CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:43 AM   #27
Guru
 
psneeld's Avatar
 
City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Freedom
Vessel Model: Albin 40
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 23,658
Good deal...thanks Larry....

I like supporting Bomac and AM..... but sometimes they are just a bit too pricey or are out if stock.... so good to know other sources...
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:46 AM   #28
Guru
 
psneeld's Avatar
 
City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Freedom
Vessel Model: Albin 40
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 23,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAT View Post
I wouldn't attempt it unless it's a a very dier situation. If you have a hose rated for the psi the other would need to be as close to the exact length and id of the original line as possible. Any variations would change timing dimension and could potentially damage that cylinder. If you look at your injector lines you should notice the ones closest to the pump still have the same length as the ones that are the furthest away.
Plus...not sure how the olive fitting thing would work out in the field.
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:13 AM   #29
Guru
 
City: Galveston, Texas
Vessel Model: 24" El Pescador
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 677
I too love buying/collecting tools But I really don't like it when I need a tool and the only ones available are the "one use" cheap kind where the open end wrench stretches or the cheap screwdriver blade twists.

Getting harder to find good tools for less than Snap-On money.
__________________
Ken Diestler
Galveston, Tx
ktdtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:11 PM   #30
Guru
 
boathealer's Avatar
 
City: Out Cruisin'
Vessel Name: SCOUT
Vessel Model: Great Harbour N37
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,335
..
Attached Thumbnails
NorthernTool_NoShame.jpg  
boathealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:16 PM   #31
Guru
 
Rebel112r's Avatar
 
City: Birch bay wa
Vessel Name: Rogue
Vessel Model: North Pacific 42
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 650
I hope I never have to open the lid to my 3/4 inch drive set, again. May those tools RIP! At my age the 1/4 inch set, is about my speed.
Rebel112r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:05 PM   #32
Guru
 
OldDan1943's Avatar
 
City: Aventura FL
Vessel Name: Kinja
Vessel Model: American Tug 34 #116
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 7,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by boathealer View Post
..
After awhile, holding a woman's purse wont bother you especially if it goes with your shoes.

Remember, carrying her purse does not extend to opening her purse and rummaging around inside to see what's there.
Women seem to think 'the purse' is a portable safe. LOL
__________________
The meek will inherit the earth but, the brave will inherit the seas.
OldDan1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 04:16 PM   #33
Guru
 
catalinajack's Avatar
 
City: Edgewater, MD
Vessel Name: Catalina Jack
Vessel Model: Defever 44
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDan1943 View Post
Just curious, how many folks carry spare injectors?

If a fuel line carries away, what is the proper recommendation, let it continue to pump the fuel or make an attempt to squeeze the pressure side of the line shut?

Tonight, I spent a hour reading the news. Nothing good is happening.
I have a full set of six spare injectors for my Lehman 120. Three days into ownership on our way home to Maryland from Florida an injector line cracked and sprayed a lot of fuel. Fortunately, we caught the failure not long after it occured. It was at the end of a day's run so we limped in on one engine and changed the injector in the morning. The boat came with the six injectors. I replaced the broken one so I still have a full set aboard. I wouldn't leave home without them.
catalinajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:52 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
SeaMoose's Avatar
 
City: Anchor Pointe, Ohio
Vessel Name: Sea Moose
Vessel Model: 1976 34' D/C Taiwanese Trawler
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMoose View Post
My problem is I can’t afford a boat big enough to hold all my tools, so I have resorted to driving a mobile dock box (pickup with construction type fiberglass shell)...


2nd half of this was supposed to be “How many of you have resorted to hauling all your tools everywhere you go?”

That’s what I thought I posted, must have been a Senior moment there, sorry.

This grew out of the whatever tool I need at the boat I left at the house and vice versa.
SeaMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:03 PM   #35
Guru
 
psneeld's Avatar
 
City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Freedom
Vessel Model: Albin 40
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 23,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalinajack View Post
I have a full set of six spare injectors for my Lehman 120. Three days into ownership on our way home to Maryland from Florida an injector line cracked and sprayed a lot of fuel. Fortunately, we caught the failure not long after it occured. It was at the end of a day's run so we limped in on one engine and changed the injector in the morning. The boat came with the six injectors. I replaced the broken one so I still have a full set aboard. I wouldn't leave home without them.
confused?....line broke but you changed the injector?

or you had spare pipes?
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:30 PM   #36
Guru
 
catalinajack's Avatar
 
City: Edgewater, MD
Vessel Name: Catalina Jack
Vessel Model: Defever 44
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by psneeld View Post

confused?....line broke but you changed the injector?

or you had spare pipes?
Changed out the entire assembly, injector and line.
__________________

catalinajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Trawler Port Captains
Port Captains are TF volunteers who can serve as local guides or assist with local arrangements and information. Search below to locate Port Captains near your destination. To learn more about this program read here: TF Port Captain Program





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012
×