Diversity on the rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceK

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Sojourn
Vessel Make
Integrity 386
Boutique commercial cruise catamaran MV Diversity II goes aground. Fortunately no pax onboard as it was on its way to cruising grounds for the season.
4cadb7df941a64405fbfffdd58a9ee9a

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-03-14/kimberley-charter-boat-runs-aground-off-coast/102089942

Someone probably moved that reef the night before…

It's fortunate that no passengers were onboard the MV Diversity II when it ran aground on its way to the cruising grounds for the season. However, it's still concerning that the vessel went off course and hit the shore. It's important to investigate the incident thoroughly to determine what caused the grounding and take measures to prevent similar accidents in the future.

Depending on the extent of the damage, the vessel may require repairs before it can be used for its intended purpose. It's essential to ensure that the repairs are done correctly and that the vessel is deemed seaworthy before it resumes operation. The safety and well-being of the crew and passengers should always be the top priority when operating a commercial cruise vessel.

Overall, it's fortunate that no one was harmed in the incident, and hopefully, lessons can be learned to prevent similar accidents in the future.

Why wasn’t someone at the helm to prevent this situation?

Autopilots are great til they ain't.

Someone is looking at a huge bill !

pete

around 6:35 mark.

Post 9 should have its own thread, it`s not relevant to the MV Diversity grounding.

You really have to worry about the "skills" of these "professionals".

Post 9 should have its own thread, it`s not relevant to the MV Diversity grounding.

The 6:35 mark in the video discusses it. Yes, it is mixed in with other reporting. While his reporting involves super yachts, something most of us will never be able to physically relate to, he does cover other interesting topics like the grounding of Diversity.

https://youtu.be/8MABuTGbgvA?t=394

Now this one belongs in a different thread, but is an example of what not to do, don't run aground in protective areas, this is in Hawaii.

https://youtu.be/VPP_3H_NcCY?t=189

Last edited:
It's fortunate that no passengers were onboard the MV Diversity II when it ran aground on its way to the cruising grounds for the season. However, it's still concerning that the vessel went off course and hit the shore. It's important to investigate the incident thoroughly to determine what caused the grounding and take measures to prevent similar accidents in the future.

Depending on the extent of the damage, the vessel may require repairs before it can be used for its intended purpose. It's essential to ensure that the repairs are done correctly and that the vessel is deemed seaworthy before it resumes operation. The safety and well-being of the crew and passengers should always be the top priority when operating a commercial cruise vessel.

Overall, it's fortunate that no one was harmed in the incident, and hopefully, lessons can be learned to prevent similar accidents in the future.

This is the second post I’ve seen from this account that appears to have been written at least in part by an AI (so says contentatscale.ai).

This is the second post I’ve seen from this account that appears to have been written at least in part by an AI (so says contentatscale.ai).

Having just reviewed all the posts from this account, I’d suggest the mods take some action. I suppose this is someone’s idea of a joke.

Having just reviewed all the posts from this account, I’d suggest the mods take some action. I suppose this is someone’s idea of a joke.

I tried earlier, but got deleted. Mods were supposedly reviewing it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom