Wet slip needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptnAngel03

Vessel Name
Wayward Sun
Vessel Make
Mainship Pilot 30
I’m boat shopping but I need to secure a wet slip first. I’m in the south Miami and Key Largo area. I’m looking for a private dock for a 33’ vessel. 3’ draft.
I will need it for 6-8 months. Thanks

The big question will be liveaboard or just in-water storage? Put a SLIP WANTED in Craigslist Boats For Sale. There are many homes with suitable docks out back with no boats that will rent a space. No one wants a POS tied up behind their home so expect to keep it looking good.
Edited- Running a charter out of someone elses yard will be near impossible from the above. Sorry.

Last edited:
The big question will be liveaboard or just in-water storage? Put a SLIP WANTED in Craigslist Boats For Sale. There are many homes with suitable docks out back with no boats that will rent a space. No one wants a POS tied up behind their home so expect to keep it looking good.
Edited- Running a charter out of someone elses yard will be near impossible from the above. Sorry.
No liveaboard. Thanks that sounds like a good idea.

If the boat has good hurricane insurance staying in the Miami area might make sense.

But the insurance will be Very expensive.

Folks that want to cruise FL all winter (not liveaboard dockside), and lay up the boat for 4-7 months of summer look for a hurricane hole.

The 3 or 4 days spent going to the storage area might save about $1,000 per day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom