Long time sailor getting long in the tooth, so. . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yachts66

I'm looking for a trawler to call home. My bucket list includes the Great Loop, the inside passage to Alaska, and more time in the Caribbean. I'm currently in the market for a well-found trawler in the 42' to 46' range. Comments appreciated.

All but one of my sailboats have been made of steel, I like steel boats. Finding a trawler in steel seems to be quite a challenge though, so I'm grinding my teeth and exploring glass boats (grumble, mumble).

Welcome aboard. If you want steel you will be bypassing about 98 out of 100 boats. Oh well…

True that, which explains why I've started looking at glass boats. <sigh> LOL

Mine's all aluminum, pretty bulletproof as I've proven more than once. Also doesn't rust.

Welcome to the bright side!

Attachments

• IMG_3708.jpg
    IMG_3708.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 15
Welcome aboard. If you want steel you will be bypassing about 98 out of 100 boats. Oh well…

In the Netherlands, it's the other way around :LOL::LOL:

Greeting

Pascal.

Welcome aboard and indeed, as Pascal stated, 90 % of the boats in the Netherlands are steel boats.
However, I must say that I don't have a problem with my GRP boat, hull is about 2 inches thick under the water line, feels solid, I would not worry about it if I were you.

As for interesting boats. I have seen quite a few pass by the last couple of days on a facebook page called. Trawlers for sale - buyers, sellers and brokers

https://www.facebook.com/groups/151074752220427/

There are quite a few for sale at the moment, many good looking boats.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom