Old 05-27-2019, 08:07 PM   #21

City: Exeter NH
The Krogen Manatee 36' - Kadey-Krogen Yachts, Inc. : Kadey-Krogen Yachts, Inc.

The KK36 Messing About was posted for sale a few months back on this forum in the for sale section. More interior room than the Albin 36, better fuel economy and greater range. Not as pretty as the Albin, but a lot more comfortable as a live aboard. Great designer and built at Taiwan yard with very good reputation. From your discription, it sounds like a good fit.

Bamossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:01 AM   #22

City: Philadelphia
I have a 1989 36" Sabreline Fast Trawler in Maryland. twin Detroit diesels with about 2200 hours. It does not need a lot of work as a lot is new. I think this may be my last season of boating and am thinking of listing her. There are a couple on the market. I am sure it would be at the high end and maybe outside your budget. If remotely interested, send me a message and we can chat.

eggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:31 AM   #23

City: Fleming Island, Fl
Vessel Name: Sakura Perdido
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 36 Classic
What kind of boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Lafitte View Post
Hi everyone. My girlfriend and I have decided to cruise the east and gulf coasts of N.A. for a couple years starting in November of this 2019. I am taking a two year assignment with a two week on two week off schedule so we plan to cruise in the off time. She is new to the nautical lifestyle so I think easing her in via a nice roomy and comfy trawler might be the way to go and move on to a cruising sailboat at a later date or maybe not, time will tell. So from here to our planned departure time we are intensively boat shopping so I will probably be asking many questions about boats of interest as most of my knowledge is centered on pleasure in and offshore sailing, large commercial offshore, and center console in and offshore fishing vessels. One caveat in our boat search is our dedication to remain debt free the rest of our lives. So finance for our vessel will be out of pocket. We realize that we will have to make accomodations on certain things and that is okay. We are both very handy and can do most anything except maybe a major engine overhaul, and I say this just because my experience in overhauling farm tractor diesels was never a favorite of mine as a youth and young adult. Thank you in advance for all of your advice and shared knowledge. Kindest regards, Jeremy

Full disclosure, Iím prejudice but reading your plan, I would very strongly recommend a hard look at the Grand Banks 36 Classic. The two stateroom, two head layout will greatly appeal to your girlfriend and itís a really nice boat.

Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote