Sharks are Getting Aggressive!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No real specifics in the article, but I have to wonder if the boy was dangling an arm in the water, or something else similar to that. The shark obviously had to have seen something that he thought might be a meal.

No real specifics in the article, but I have to wonder if the boy was dangling an arm in the water, or something else similar to that...
Based on radio news reports as well, I don`t think so. I heard the shark came up from the water, broke a rod holder, and grabbed the boy. Dad dived in to help, shark swam off (2 vs 1 worked?). A kid with a lifetime story to tell.
We`ve had several recent surfer attacks, including deaths on the beach as victims, helped ashore by brave rescuers, bled out.

While the incident is unfortunate, sharks are not getting aggressive. If they were getting aggressive to humans, nobody would swim in the ocean. Shark attacks against humans would likely be around 1 per every billion sharks. For sharks species known to have attacked man, we're probably still only 1 per every million sharks.

Ted

However, we are seeing changes in behavior of sharks and other ocean and beach creatures. We've had this period without many people and many moved further in. Some are not as thrilled with human return. There is a call for extra caution for a while perhaps.

109290595_3218922444832814_4376859747844620778_n.jpg

While the incident is unfortunate, sharks are not getting aggressive. If they were getting aggressive to humans, nobody would swim in the ocean. Shark attacks against humans would likely be around 1 per every billion sharks. For sharks species known to have attacked man, we're probably still only 1 per every million sharks.

Ted
It`s not about a swimmer. It`s about a boy in a boat taken into the water by a shark coming out of the water. Not rated as aggression in USA but it is here.
The boy underwent successful surgery. His grandfather gave an informative TV news interview. He`s doing well.

It`s not about a swimmer. It`s about a boy in a boat taken into the water by a shark coming out of the water. Not rated as aggression in USA but it is here.
The boy underwent successful surgery. His grandfather gave an informative TV news interview. He`s doing well.

This isn't the first incident of a person being attacked that wasn't swimming. It happens in the commercial fishing industry on thankfully rare occasions, but doesn't make the news because it's not a boy and his grandfather.

My original comment was that it is a rare anomaly.

Ted

I'm no expert but that sure does resemble an orca's horizontal fluke, not a shark tail.

Or maybe just a dolphin fluke. I guess the video doesn't show the shark itself.
It`s poor video in terms of identifying "the fish". What`s on the still is very black and white. Depends if the guys on the boat are reliable, they were under some stress at the time, but I put some reliance on what they say.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom