Music favs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let's have another from Fleetwood Mac. This one features the key board player, Christine McVie, singing a solo with the ever present smooth drumming of Mick Fleetwood. Here's Say that You Love Me.

I don't recall anyone posting a number by Petula Clark who had a string of hits in the 60s and early 70s.. Here's one from the late 60s and probably her first big hit, Downtown.

Just catching up on the tunes here. That SRV rendition of Crossfire is amazing, Don.

Was listening to the news about Hal Blaine’s passing and the staggering amount of pop music he anchored with his drumming. The numbers are simply mind-blowing: 35,000 sessions (his own estimate); 6,000 recordings; 150 top ten hits; 40 number one hits and six consecutive Grammies for record of the year!

He was the drummer for the famed Wrecking Crew studio band that included such greats as Glen Campbell, Tommy Tedesco and Leon Russell. He recorded with everyone from The Beach Boys, Mamas and Papas, Monkees and Simon and Garfunkel to Frank Sinatra—literally the soundtrack for many of our lives in the 60s and 70s. Here’s a list: AllMusic | Music Search, Recommendations, Videos and Reviews

And here’s one of his most iconic recordings:

Ian, Hal Blaine certainly had a great resume of music. I didn't know he was that active.

I also heard today that Lindsey Buckingham formerly with Fleetwood Mac recently had emergency open heart surgery. It seems that heart problems run in his family.

At one time he and Stevie Nicks were paired up. Stevie was the best known female singer of the group. She almost overshadowed Christine McVie. Let's have another from Christine to show what a great talent she was.

I went to a Bob Seger concert last night. He filled a 20,000 seat arena and rocked it!
He mentioned that he had a condo in Naples and Alto Reed, his saxophone player, has a home in Miami so I’m going to claim them as Florida boys. I sold Alto some fishing tackle a few years ago. Very nice guy.

This is from a concert just three months ago.

Parks, Bob Seger proves that old guys rock.:socool:

I just stumbled across this one from 1961. We had a later version of it by Playing for Change. It is a real classic. Here is Ben E. King's original recording of Stand By Me.

So many good groups, RT. Here's a pair that we missed. Hall and Oates with Maneater.

Parks, I couldn't find the volume control for your western swing number.

Let's have another great contribution from Eric Clapton.

Much better, Parks. I like Texas swing music. I think Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys invented the genre. He was famous for his twin fiddles sound.

We had another song with a Texas swing sound awhile back. Here's Asleep at the Wheel with Route 66.

Here's one from Bob Will's Texas Playboys.

Last edited:
How about a little more shag dancing. From my years spent in the Carolinas in the 70s I came to appreciate the dance. Here are the champs from 2017.

How about a little more shag dancing. From my years spent in the Carolinas in the 70s I came to appreciate the dance. Here are the champs from 2017.

That was great. I've always wanted to do that but I have 4 left feet.

We haven't had one from The Eagles in awhile. This one features the great tenor voice of Don Henley. Here's Life in the Fast Lane.

And here's one that puts the drums and bass out front. The Theme from S.W.A.T.

Speaking of the Eagles, I sway Don Felder in Bellingham last night. Great show and he played many of the classics. Sold out show.:dance:

Yeah , Don Felder is an amazing guitarist. With the two fret boards on one guitar he could easily switch between 6 or 12 strings as needed. Of course, Joe Walsh was the other guitarist with The Eagles. Not as good as Felder, but played pretty good rock and roll. I did see Joe Walsh, but never saw The Eagles as a group.

Greg, 4 left feet, that's an extreme disability.:eek: I'm right footed. In doing the shag the man leads off with his left foot. That doomed me from the get-go.

My wife and I have tickets to see John Sebastian of The Lovin Spoonful in a couple of weeks. Of course I had to go on YouTube and listen to some of his music. I ran across this one that’s a little strange but I like it.

My wife and I have tickets to see John Sebastian of The Lovin Spoonful in a couple of weeks. Of course I had to go on YouTube and listen to some of his music. I ran across this one that’s a little strange but I like it.

Damn, strange is right! Looks like JS has gone from alpha-hippie to a career in accounting. I may have related this before but I almost got to see him at Woodstock, but my parents gave my brother and me $100 if we promised not to go. Wise people, those parents.

I was watching the Concert for George last night and was reminded what a tremendous talent that guy was. Here’s a number from the Concert for Bangladesh, playing with Pete Ham of Badfinger.

Thanks, Ian. I haven't heard Here Comes the Sun in years. I really like that song.

Ian, Woodstock was fifty years ago this year! How did we get this old? 1969 was a great year, Woodstock and the first Moon landing.

How 'bout we switch it up a little bit of hard rock. Maybe this one would not be considered politically correct; but hey we're in the 60s & 70s anyway. Right? Here's RamJam with Black Betty.

Let's Drift Away with Dobie Gray.

Now, let's go down to the school yard with Paul Simon and Julio.

You will just have to bear with me on this one. I just ran across an interview that Paul McCartney did at my alma mater, Rollins College. He also performed Blackbird. Of course, you can skip the interview and go right to the song.

Now, let's go down to the school yard with Paul Simon and Julio.
We know they were down by the schoolyard, we know it was against the law,but what were they doing?

We know they were down by the schoolyard, we know it was against the law,but what were they doing?

I’ve always wondered about that. If we only knew when it happened, we could look on the cover of Newsweek.

Hey guys, give Paul and Julio a break. That was back in the 70s. Besides we recently learned it's not what you do. It's what your intentions are.

I think this kind of ability should have been against the law. We used to joke that Hendrix had sold his soul to the devil, like Robert Johnson, to be able to play this effortlessly. His feedback sounds better than anything I can play. What a monster!

Greetings,
Mr. 99. Back at ya.

Touché, RT!

Somebody mentioned early in this thread about Greg Lake—guitarist of Emerson, Lake and Palmer—passing. I don’t recall us posting any of his tunes. It’s been reported that he wrote this at the age of 12. One of the all-time great melodic guitar solos.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom