Music favs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Such a memorable, musically artful song, but I never have gotten those lyrics at all. Always seemed like a melancholy but nonsensical, faux-profound phrase jumble wrapped up in soul-stirring music to me. Like Lewis Carroll writing lyrics to Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.

Stairway has lyrics??? :eek:

:D :D

May I present Miss Diana Ross and the Supremes

I don't know if anybody's ever heard of JJ Heller. She sings mostly Christian music, although she's still maybe best known for "Til You Came Along" from Pixar's Carl & Ellie Love Story. Anyway, here's a sweet little love song, her "Boat Song." Awwwww...

https://youtu.be/vTzBWdLJG98

I don't know if anybody's ever heard of JJ Heller. She sings mostly Christian music, although she's still maybe best known for "Til You Came Along" from Pixar's Carl & Ellie Love Story. Anyway, here's a sweet little love song, her "Boat Song." Awwwww...

https://youtu.be/vTzBWdLJG98

I love it when a new to me artist is posted. I had never heard JJ Heller that I know of. A very cutely presented video. There is a really sweet voice in there, too. Thanks.

Stevie Ray Vaughan in a rare acoustic blues session.

Sorry to have been away for several days. Well, not really sorry. I was camping off the grid about a mile high on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

It's a safe bet that many of you remember the team of Burt Bacharach and Dionne Warwick. Burt's compositions met a great voice with Dionne. They were an unbeatable team in the late 1960s and early 70s.

Dionne Warwick was the cousin of another super talented singer, Whitney Houston.

Here is Dionne singing one of his compositions. Plus, she busts a little move at the break.

Last edited:
From along about the same period is the Fifth Dimension and The Age of Aquarius.

Here's a smooth one from Steve Winwood, Eric Clapton, and I also noticed Derek Trucks over in the corner. Sometimes the old guys just do it the best.

Great call, Don. Here's another Steve Winwood favorite of mine showing his guitar chops. From the same Clapton-Crossroads Festival, I believe.

Good one, Ian. In fact anything from that concert was great. There was a load of talent on the stage.

However, Marylin McCoo had so many moves on Let the Sunshine In that they should have been outlawed. It looked like all of her body parts were not joined together.

However, Marylin McCoo had so many moves on Let the Sunshine In that they should have been outlawed. It looked like all of her body parts were not joined together.

Yes, indeed! Saw them at Memorial Auditorium sometime in the early 70s. She was hot!

Here are two of my all-time favorite Stones recordings taken from the "Lost Brussels" concert, which existed as a bootleg for decades and was finally released several years ago as the "Brussels Affair."

This is raw, primal rock--exactly what the Stones were best at--and many folks think of these as the holy grail of Stones recordings. One reason was the presence of the grossly under-appreciated Mick Taylor doing the melodic fills over Keith's driving rhythm guitar. The last third of Midnight Rambler is some of the best rock guitar ever recorded IMHO.

I saw them do this same material live a few months after this was recorded--still one of the greatest performances I've ever ever seen. Nothing comes close to capturing the incredible tone, energy and power these guys had in their prime. The full concert is available on YouTube--actually they did two that day (the first one is the best).

Put on the headphones and crank it up!

Changing gears here a little, this one takes us back to about 1968.

This one is a Bob Dylan song by a little obscure group you may have heard of.:D\

Don, post 488 "Can't Find My Way Home" I'm a fan of Winwood and Clapton and have collections by both but some how I don't remember ever hearing this song before, it is Great! thanks for posting it. I looked around Youtube and found a version by Allison Krauss which is very good too.
I'll be adding both to my collection! Thanks again!

Glad you enjoyed them, Steve. We've been missing you on the thread.

From the same concert I really like Cross Roads. It has one of the great riffs with great playing on top of it. This is the kind of music I like when driving through the night. You know, it makes me want to mash my motor.

Last edited:
Here is some Cheryl Crow, even if you don't like the music the video is great!

We've already had a little tribute to Glenn Frey of the Eagles. Here's another couple of numbers featuring him. RIP, Glenn.

There's a corner in Winslow, AZ with a bronze statue of Glenn along with a red flat bed Ford parked near the curb. Nice!

Last edited:
Too late to edit post 498, my apologies. That link was already on my clipboard. Now, here is Van Morrison's Brown Eyed Girl.

Heard this morning that Glen Campbell has died. I was not really into his music but my first girlfriend was & I was into her, so I knew a lot of his songs by heart.

Good memories.

Heard this morning that Glen Campbell has died. I was not really into his music but my first girlfriend was & I was into her, so I knew a lot of his songs by heart.

Good memories.

Thanks, Andy. I think there is a new Glenn Campbell album out. His daughter had been given updates on his condition. He was stricken with alzheimer's disease. She said that the most beautiful thing about it was that he seemed happy all of the time. That is a true blessing. Glenn was a wizard with the guitar. His picking could be blazingly fast. RIP, Glenn.

As a side note, I will attend services this Saturday for my picking and singing buddy from 1st grade, I have known him almost all my life. It will be tough to say goodbye.

If you will indulge me for another Glenn Campbell number, this one shows what a great and versatile talent he was.

Sad news, he put out some good music over the years.

As a side note, I will attend services this Saturday for my picking and singing buddy from 1st grade, I have known him almost all my life. It will be tough to say goodbye.

Sorry for your loss, Don. I know you guys had quite a history.

Glen Campbell is a huge loss. He continued his career in adversity with dignity. Well known, highly regarded, in Australia.
With respect,for me there is a little Glen Campbell in Australian singer songwriter Paul Kelly. Not in the same league, in a different league, but a good league, and for me there is a reminder, a reflection.
I hope you enjoy this . He has a better recent release I can`t find it to post.

Here are two of Natalie Merchant's I enjoy

A new artist to me, Steve. Thanks. I like her.:thumb:

She used to be lead singer for 10,000 Maniacs, from her videos she might still be one too!

This one is for my brother and niece who are white water kayakers. This is some serious white water, folks.

Not recommended for trawlers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom