Sceptre PVC junction box.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDCAVE

Guru
Vessel Name
Phoenix Hunter
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 (1985)
My boat electrician asked me to pick up one of these. I’m still wondering if the clerk put in the correct price. I paid $6.18 Cdn after taxes for the 4” x 4” x 2” box. You have to make your own cut outs, etc. but it’s a beefy, sealed box.

IMG_2798.jpg

My boat electrician asked me to pick up one of these. I’m still wondering if the clerk put in the correct price. I paid $6.18 Cdn after taxes for the 4” x 4” x 2” box. You have to make your own cut outs, etc. but it’s a beefy, sealed box.

View attachment 81835

Sounds right. $607/c in this ad.

I mounted a 6x6x6 on deck near base of mast. I use Thru Dex packing glands as waterproof box fittings. This is how I make my mast wiring junctions.
They are useful waterproof protection for a variety of purposes-not just electrical.

Len:)

https://www.westburne.ca/cwr/Catego...4"x2"-PVC-JUNCTION-BOX-SCEPTER/p/IPEJBX442-WG

One of the reasons they are so common now is they are inexpensive, don't corrode. They can be broken even though the PVC is actually quite tough. The older steel units wern't as pretty, would corrode but could often withstand a heavy hit. Although bent and deformed they did not break. That should not be a problem if location is thought about a bit
Just have to use the proper cable sealing glands or the purpose is defeated.

I'm sure your electrician has that figured.

Nice thing about the pvc is that you can lightly sand the surface and paint them if you want a different color.

Ted

Yes, I’ve got the glands. The thing looks pretty strong. It’s not going to be exposed to water unless the boat sinks, in which event I will have bigger worries!

With a 30 Amp breaker, ready for mounting between the 30 amp boat side inlet and the Charles Isolation Transformer. Cable glands on either side of the box.
IMG_2813.jpg

Back
Top Bottom