The Garmin System - Jeff Cote

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rsn48

Guru
Vessel Name
Capricorn
Vessel Make
Mariner 30 - Sedan Cruiser 1969
Occasionally I post Jeff Cote webinars on various topics. For some reason, this one on the Garmin system completely passed me by so I've just finished watching it minutes ago as I type.

Jeff makes it very clear that Garmin may not be for you and that all the main brand systems are very good; in fact he sells them. Please watch the early intro so you can decide on your own if he has the knowledge and experience to comment on Garmin and various systems.

This is an hour long video so if you are ready and willing, pause here to get your drink and popcorn and then proceed:

So I have purchased items from Pacific Systems Yachting but not my electronics. My boat is in refit so I purchased my Garmin system from a local retailer in Comox, not from Jeff. But Jeff will answer questions, but mostly through email. If you call the store they will readily give you Jeff's email. He will answer but it may not be for two or three days, he is a very busy puppy - and the Vancouver boat show is less than two weeks away as I type this.

At the 2020 Vancouver Boat Show, Jeff will be covering the other major brands. One session for Furuno, one for Raymarine, and one for Lowrance/B&G/Simrad. After the show, Jeff will post those webinars to his web site. When these vids are posted, I'll feature them in the electronics forum.

Thanks for posting; although not a Garmin user, I found it very informative around the general business of making decisions re electronics.
I'm looking forward to catching him at the boatshow next week.

Very informative and have watched several. I have Garmin suite, 7600’s, reactor autopilot, 24” XHD radar, AIS 600etc.

One interesting point is that I think the manuals could be better. Always finding items and functions not very clear in documents.

Very happy with system though.

Back
Top Bottom