8D vs Type31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After running AGM batteries and having them discharged flat by boat yards, I made the decision to go to Firefly carbon foam batteries. After a year using them I can only say they are the best. A bit pricey compared to AGM, half the price of a Lithium battery.

With the Firefly batteries one does not float the batteries as is typical with FLA and AGM. Firefly recommends fully charging, then let them run down partially before charging.

Great battery the Firefly.

Craig
I an NOT questioning that they are good battys as I've heard other good reports but have to ask what prevents a yard from running them down by leaving something on? or however they run a LA or AGM down?

What is the expected life span of a Firefly?

This spec sheet says to expect 10 years in marine or RV service.

I know Pacific NW Boater, Darren, has used then for years in his big liveaboard trawler and last I saw, he was very pleased with his choice.

I like that they are not as temperamental with charge profiles and partial SOC as most others. The Li-Ion charge protocols require special attention.

At 116AH per G31 and the ability to safely discharge 80-100%, a 4 battery bank gives a solid 400 AH of usable charge...2 times what you'd get from LA or AGM. It also tolerates up to 250A of charge current!

Back
Top Bottom