Holding tank crud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have seen them at Cabellas as well as Bass Pro Shops as well.

Amazon prices are no longer competitive on most items. Easy to compare online.

But they are so easy to buy from and mostly free shipping. We use them a lot since there isn’t any place to shop where we live.

But they are so easy to buy from and mostly free shipping. We use them a lot since there isn’t any place to shop where we live.
Binnacle is American with an outlet in Nova Scotia. Across the country. I get free shipping at lower cost than local. There may be others. Online shopping makes comparison easy.

Not to turn this into an Amazon thread but I still use them a lot. They may not always be the absolute lowest price but they are usually competitive. However, they still have great service and an almost bulletproof return policy and free shipping both ways in most cases if you do it right. Also, if you use their Amazon store card, you get an automatic 5% off everything you buy. I'll admit the competition has caught up some, but they are still the place I go most often for online ordering. I've even had items shpped by freight on pallets at no charge.

Believe it or not, you can find a number of marine products and hardware on Walmart.com and shipping is free with a very reasonable minimum order or free regardless of purchase amount if you use site-to-store shipping (not available in all markets).

I've begun checking Walmart.com before checking Amazon for almost anything.

--Peggie

--Peggie

I agree Walmart is a good alternative to Amazon at times. I have not dealt with them on returns so I'm not sure how easy that is. On Amazon, I can buy stuff knowing that just about anything is returnable for any reason at no charge.

I see that amazon.com is beginning to get into "social engineering", promoting some things that I don't agree with.

I'm not one to boycott a business usually, but when a business begins to get outside of its business, I will start looking elsewhere.

And amazon.com is often not the best price anyway.

I did not compare the shipping cost but one online seller was $34.00 and Amazon was $66.00. I don't think that the shipping would offset that difference, and I also happen to have a philosophical issue with Amazon. Too big, too much control of the labor market and the product market. If they aren't price competitive now, wait until they exert even more control.

Amazon reminds me of a friend and a song he sings. Go to Youtube & look up Dave Gerard, song Preston Hollow. It is about the development of modern commerce and loosing the old ways. Amazon fits the song perfectly. Other than that, Dave is just a great talent. Enjoy.

I did not compare the shipping cost but one online seller was $34.00 and Amazon was $66.00. I don't think that the shipping would offset that difference, and I also happen to have a philosophical issue with Amazon. Too big, too much control of the labor market and the product market. If they aren't price competitive now, wait until they exert even more control.

Yeah, that is how I feel about Walmart. I have to be very, very desperate to set foot in a Walmart.

I have been a fan of Amazon for a long time, however increasingly if I am not going to find something at a brick and mortar store, I am looking for alternative online retailers first.

Yeah, that is how I feel about Walmart. I have to be very, very desperate to set foot in a Walmart.

I have been a fan of Amazon for a long time, however increasingly if I am not going to find something at a brick and mortar store, I am looking for alternative online retailers first.
I don't know where your musical tastes lie, but I had another post here about a friend, Dave Gerard. You can find him on Youtube. He does a song called Preston Hollow. It is about the growing powers of commerce and the loss of the old ways. Kind of fits Amazon & WM. If nothing else, Dave is a great talent and a good guy. Look him up.

I have been using sodium percarbonate because it is about $3.30 a pound rather than No-Flex at $19.99. I use much more than others state for No-Flex. So I bought some to see the difference. I have two holding tanks. One will be No-Flex, the other PerCarb. I'll let you know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom