Head spitting water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's the information I needed! Your toilet is a Jabsco 37045 Macerating electric toilet designed to use pressurized flush water from your boat's fresh water supply.

Here is a link to the owners manual for it that should answer a lot of your questions and a few more you hadn't thought to ask yet:
Jabsco 37045-technical-datasheet-en.pdf

Note that you have 3 flush options: bring water in and hold it ahead of use, discharge bowl contents only, and simultaneously bring in water and discharge bowl. Also no that there should be a high loop in your discharge line...it may be a vented loop but the vent is only necessary if it flushes directly overboard. There's also a solenoid valve in the flush water intake line...they have relatively short lifespans.

Unfortunately there is no trouble-shooting guide in the manual but I do have the direct phone line to Jabsco's toilet guru Paul Campagna: 978.282.5246 His email address is Paul.campagna@xyleminc.com

Read the manual, write down what you don't understand...we can answer a lot of your questions, Paul will help with the rest.

--Peggie

Found the model number where Headmistress said to look:

Quiet flush electric marine toilet. 37045-1092

Does this help?

When you say “clear the macerator head” what does that mean (replying to the poster above)?

Thanks!
It is simple to clean the pump, you just remove the pump from the toilet and you can check the pump to see if anything is in there. You should become acquainted with this procedure and carry a spare rebuild kit. It can save you a lot of grief someday.

Like I said in post 15, replace part number 11. If it was working correctly water couldn’t get back into the toilet through the base. You may have additional problems but your joker valve isn’t working.

If that doesn’t fix it start looking for blockages that can cause excessive back pressure. Blockage in the discharge hose or blocked tank vent.

That`s what we have. Works fine except for initial "spitback", which could be joker valve "bill" not opening immediately. Hearing may vary, but it`s not that quiet.

Back
Top Bottom