Crown Electric Flush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kartracer

Guru
Vessel Name
M/V LUNASEA
Vessel Make
45ft Bluewater Coastal
I have a crown electric flush that I just had a complete rebuild. Should the rebuild have a new check value, the chemical tank is now over flowing. After flushing the water bubbles back into the bowel along with other flowing parts of the flush. It is like it has not completed the flush cycle, should there be a check value to stop the waste from coming back into the bowel. I also had all the hoses changed along with the rebuild.

I think Peggie is going to have to help you with this one or call Mac McCoy at Raritan in Ft. Lauderdale.

I haven't seen a Crown toilet in at least twenty years. Good toilets but they use huge amounts of power and fill holding tanks pretty fast.

Sounds lik a blocked tank vent that's pressurized the tank, creating back pressure.. There should be a one way valve--it's called a joker valve--in the toilet discharge fitting, but it would only allow slow seepage...it wouldn't prevent backflow under pressure. (See the exploded drawing of your toilet in the owners manual Raritan Crown Head Owners Manual).

From what you've said it doesn't seem that you were the one who rebuilt the toilet...give the yard or the person who did a call to trouble shoot the problem and fix it.

And btw...it's a BOWL. Bowels are part of your intestinal tract. :)

I haven't seen a Crown toilet in at least twenty years. Good toilets but they use huge amounts of power and fill holding tanks pretty fast.

They are dinosaurs that draw 30-36 amps, need 1-3 gallons of flush water/flush, and make enough noise to wake the dead...but Raritan still makes 'em cuz they're almost indestructible work horses, which makes it the perfect toilet for a work boat. There are still some diehard recreational boat owners who won't have anything else, but not may any more 'cuz today's macerating electric toilets need only about 2 quarts of flush water, draw only 10-15 amps and are a LOT quieter.

Btw...keeping a close eye on Irma and keeping my fingers crossed for y'all.

Last edited:
Thanks Peggie. I've already started my hurricane prep.

Back
Top Bottom