Winter Boating Photos/Stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know it's starting to get c-c-cold when the ocean steams because it's so warm compared to the air. Another view down channel from the marina parking lot:

Attachments

• EmptyName 2.jpg
    EmptyName 2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 12
Early morning at the ramp:

Attachments

• EmptyName 3.jpg
    EmptyName 3.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 11
Winter has arrived. Are you expecting a lot of snow during the freeze this week or blue skies

What's your record for snow load on your cover...looks gnarly tough.
Frame is very strong and stood up to a lot of snow in Sarnia. With a good shrink wrap it's pretty bulletproof. I really botched the wrap this year, but it's holding together. Bigger problem where I am this winter is wind. NE funnels in along the waterfront and it can get pretty violent when a front is coming through.

Winter has arrived. Are you expecting a lot of snow during the freeze this week or blue skies

High overcast or sunny skies during cold snaps.

Our 4' in a day snowfalls happen as cold interior air avalanching to the coast (gusting to 45 knots today) starts to slow down and a moist system from the Pacific rides over top of it.

Kitimat and Bella Coola are at -17C this morning, Stewart is -16C...all three are located at the ends of long channels into the Coast Mountains. Prince Rupert, nearer the outer coast, is -8C.

Anybody have a tip for frozen sliding wood pilothouse doors, the kind that run in a track at their base? Took about 5 minutes to tease it open yesterday. I keep fuel for the alcohol stove in a box on the aft deck...would a small pour into the track work, I wonder?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom