Where to live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basmith1971

Ok Forum pose this question to you. Me an my wife are wanting to start a new adventure. We agreed to moving down around the water before buying a liveaboard. Also easier to look at boats. we're looking around gulf shores, but anywhere on west side of Florida or the keys. So give me your places that would be great to live and give me your dislikes also. Just want to be by the water, living in land locked Indiana

Well you are one of "Those!"

"Damn Yankee" who comes south and won't go home!! LOL :hide::popcorn:

Welcome to TF

Anywhere you are considering will be hot during the summer. I want it warm to cool during the winter. That would be atleast Crystal River or South. For me, below Tampa was my choice. Lots of nice areas from there to Naples. Near Fort Myers gives you a great airport, reasonable healthcare, and lots of boating options. Also nice to be near interstate 75 whether going to the East coast or North.

Ted

St. Petersburg on Tampa bay and the small towns around on the GICW it such as Treasure island and Madeira beach are great boating locations and plenty of waterfront houses in many price ranges. Half hour drive to the airport when that becomes an option again. The southern half of the Pinellas county is unique in that these is far less road traffic congestion that the northern half.

I recommend avoiding the spring break towns because they get really crowded in that season.

Back
Top Bottom