What is this? (Picture)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's time for the season to start..... Cabin fever is reaching pandemic stage.

It's time for the season to start..... Cabin fever is reaching pandemic stage.
Imagine 14 days confined to cabin on the Diamond Princess waiting for corona virus clearance. I heard they are letting the "inside cabin" people out for a break before they go mad.

I am going with:

Heritage East
Bestway
Carmargue
Aquarius
Ponderosa

Many of these boats are made in the same yard under different names.

I am going with:

Heritage East
Bestway
Carmargue
Aquarius
Ponderosa

Many of these boats are made in the same yard under different names.

Let’s take up a collection to send LN there - and let’s make it a one way ticket !

I would also add that my boat was built in Taiwan, and is certainly not a "junkie."

Mine too. Solid hull, great wood interior, dependable, good construction overall. Some of the Taiwan yards produced excellent boats.

LN, aside from going over and asking the land owner whose dock the boat is tied up to for info on the boat (as suggested previously) perhaps a call to the State of Florida with the FL registration number visible on the side of the boat may glean more information than you currently have, like registered make and model #, they may not give you the registered owners contact info, but if you approach them right, they might. Good luck in you quest.

Or if it has a name on it...search the USCG documentation registry.

Even if I knew I would be scared to answer, but I do not find it offensive. We have a lot worse looking boats in our marina we wake up to. Sorry if I offended anyone. We Canadians are sorry for everything :flowers:. :popcorn:

OP, you can put people on ignore, go to your CP and edit ignore list. It is quite useful, you will only see them when quoted by others. And this way you will not be subjected to the other member apologists defending their behavior, you simply won't see their useless and combative remarks. Good luck.

Looks like a stretched version of this Heritage East with a cockpit

Attachments

• nova.jpg
    nova.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 77
Here's another angle with the OP's pic on top. The side door is in a different position, but the rest seems mostly the same to me.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
What do I win???

Since it does not have any registration numbers on it I can assume it is a documented hull.Check the Coast Guard (Homeland Security ) website . Documented boats are listed by boat name. You will find the make of the boat, size and last registered owner.

Almost all boats have a name.

pete

Here's another angle with the OP's pic on top. The side door is in a different position, but the rest seems mostly the same to me.

Wow, same boat except the extended aft cockpit.
Good catch, thx.

OP, you can put people on ignore, go to your CP and edit ignore list. It is quite useful, you will only see them when quoted by others. And this way you will not be subjected to the other member apologists defending their behavior, you simply won't see their useless and combative remarks. Good luck.

Is okay, I have never used the ignore function on any of these boards, it goes with the territory, folks have to talk big, be critical and angry behind the keyboard: )

Or if it has a name on it...search the USCG documentation registry.

It has a name, but it seems the USCG has blocked the search function when you try to look up Documented boats.
Either I hit the wrong page, or I am blocked, but try to do a basic search on your own or your neighbors boat and see if the function is still there..:confused:

He apologized, now let it go.

Next time ask a specific question such as "does anyone know the make and model of this boat?" Which you DID NOT do..

Ok, he apologized, I will let it go. (What would I do without your infinite wisdom? :))

Wow, OK, will spell out the Make/Model question next time, just in case somebody missed the original post. ;)

Great, thx.
I have been using the National Fisheries Documentation search linked to the USCG page, but had problems getting through lately. (Used it for 20 years previously)
Also tried direct USCG, but for some reason no cigar.
Your link worked right away, will update my stuff. Thx again.

This is the message I kept seeing lately:

The United States Coast Guard has ceased providing Personal Identifying Information (PII) previously included in the data which comprise the report "Merchant Vessels of the United States" also known as the "List of Documented Vessels." That report's data is the content for NOAA's searchable database accessible on this webpage. All questions regarding the availability of PII data must be addressed to efoia@uscg.mil or the following address:
COMMANDANT (CG-611)
ATTN FOIA OFFICER
US COAST GUARD STOP 7710

2703 MARTIN LUTHER KING JR AVE SE
WASHINGTON DC 20593-7710

Wow, same boat except the extended aft cockpit.
Good catch, thx.
Not the same, flybridge is different, but should be same builder considering all the similarities.

L

Since it does not have any registration numbers on it I can assume it is a documented hull.Check the Coast Guard (Homeland Security ) website . Documented boats are listed by boat name. You will find the make of the boat, size and last registered owner.

Almost all boats have a name.

pete

Pete, if you enlarge the pic the FL reg numbers are there. Not in the right place, but they are there.

Ok, he apologized, I will let it go. (What would I do without your infinite wisdom? :))

Wow, OK, will spell out the Make/Model question next time, just in case somebody missed the original post. ;)

A visit might find a makers brand emblazoned somewhere, like "POS 46", or something more complimentary. But that would ruin the games.

Good idea and I certainly looked for a badge or a brand/name on the boat: No cigar, hence my initial posting.
Ruin the games?
Not sure I asked for any games, but a few angry old men sitting around wanted to play games, hope they enjoy it. ;)

. Even if I knew I would be scared to answer, but I do not find it offensive. We have a lot worse looking boats in our marina we wake up to. Sorry if I offended anyone. We Canadians are sorry for everything .

You are right:
This was the last Canadian boat on my canal.

Nice owner, all good, expect the boat...:eek:

Attachments

• 80D5D1EA-20D9-47A9-B9EC-FC100973EA24.jpeg
    80D5D1EA-20D9-47A9-B9EC-FC100973EA24.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom