Wetting agent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seevee

Guru
Vessel Make
430 Mainship
Hi,
Looking for some sort of wetting agent that I can add to water to clean isenglass or similar. So, it dries without spots, and no need to wipe.
Is there such a product?

Years ago, we used products like that in the darkroom for cleaner negatives.

I use Sumner 210 to clean and wax the eisenglass. We use baby diapers and only use them on the eisenglass. If they aren’t very dirty there isn’t a need to wash them first but you do stand a chance of scratching them if you don’t wash them first. It goes very quickly. I could do the entire bridge enclosure inside and outside in 45 minutes. Also helps protect the eisenglass and helps keep them clean. I get it on Amazon.

Attachments

• CEC4CE43-462F-48A1-9071-64DA17C3B3EF.jpeg
    CEC4CE43-462F-48A1-9071-64DA17C3B3EF.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 16
I bet this would work. I used a lot of it when I was a photographer. It is used to prevent water spots on negatives.

I'm still using this! I went digital in 2009 but it only last a few years. I still have a working darkroom and still shoot film.

There's also a wetting agent that is used in cyanotypes called "Tween 20". It's chemical name is Polysorbate 20, and it's available quite cheaply pretty much anywhere, and under a few different names.

Back
Top Bottom