Weather information Vancouver to Alaska ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SiriusXM weather is not very useful, in my opinion. Sometimes it slowly gets the Environment Canada or NOAA forecasts. Sometimes they're current and for the correct area. Sometimes it'll show some of the important weather reporting stations.

So was that Raymarine, Garmin, or Furuno equipment?

Last setup I had up there was on the sailboat, older Raymarine (LHII), only went as far north as Cape Scott, and it worked as well as it did anywhere for me (whole length of the east coast from Newfoundland to Bahamas, west coast from Cape Scott to SF Bay). tpbradly says not too good on his Lowrance and Garmin.

So perhaps equipment makes a difference. If Raymarine has changed for the worse, I could save $800 I was about to spend to install on the trawler.

I did boating in Clarence Strait out of Ketchikan for almost 50 years. The single most important thing is to have the tide and wind in the same direction--it floods north and ebbs south.

So was that Raymarine, Garmin, or Furuno equipment?

Last setup I had up there was on the sailboat, older Raymarine (LHII), only went as far north as Cape Scott, and it worked as well as it did anywhere for me (whole length of the east coast from Newfoundland to Bahamas, west coast from Cape Scott to SF Bay). tpbradly says not too good on his Lowrance and Garmin.

So perhaps equipment makes a difference. If Raymarine has changed for the worse, I could save $800 I was about to spend to install on the trawler.

My experience was with Garmin, on a friends boat. Even if I had the hardware on my Furuno system, I wouldn’t bother to pay the monthly fee to Sirius XM.

Back
Top Bottom