Trawler Forum Burgees Now Available!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With the boat finally back in the water :dance: we did a short cruise around the local area yesterday. (Dusting off the brain on Swinomish Channel...) After turning on my new windshield washing system:D,

20190315_132848.jpg

here's a shot with a light breeze from port, the Cascades in the distance.

20190315_153108.jpg

Seriously though, that window washer is my son Josh, who has literally put in hundreds of hours helping me do refit work on the boat since we bought her in August. In addition to labor, we've both learned a lot and tested our skills; he's currently taking a marine tech program and getting ABYC certifications so we've been able to validate the major and minor projects we've taken on and completed as being done correctly.

Peace

Attachments

• 648D6C19-98A2-4D6E-9200-1A0978EE3706.jpg
    648D6C19-98A2-4D6E-9200-1A0978EE3706.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 83
We have sold out 2X but supplier will reorder as needed and try to keep some in stock.
Worst case there might be a short delay.

I just ordered. Hope it is not too long to receive but it is what it is.

I ordered one on the weekend and it shipped on Sunday. However that works...

Got it!

But it is pinned to the home office bulletin board. Once something goes on there, it never comes off.

Just like the other two pennants... IMG_20190426_115315.jpeg

Good chop! But now I don't have to!

Actually I need to get a jackstaff, or rework my mast...

N S. How do you fly that C note?

My burgee and and freshly varnished staff were stolen by some kids while docked on Dog River in Mobile:eek: Now I'm across the bay at Grand Hotel Marina - I'll order a new one soon. :thumb: Already have a new teak staff:thumb:

My burgee and and freshly varnished staff were stolen by some kids while docked on Dog River in Mobile:eek: Now I'm across the bay at Grand Hotel Marina - I'll order a new one soon. :thumb: Already have a new teak staff:thumb:

Well, doesn't that suck! I heard these burgees were a hot commodity but I didn't know they were THAT hot!!

What's next? Padlocks on our flagstaffs!

Well, doesn't that suck! I heard these burgees were a hot commodity but I didn't know they were THAT hot!!

Yep Al, it's all my fault. Those 7 coats of varnish on the staff made it too attractive. Not to mention that shiny new flag. :banghead:

The burgee is nothin’. The varnished teak staff was probably worth six of the burgees.

With my no-shine boat policy (except for bow bling), I don't have that problem, Charlie. Shine is expensive even without folks stealing your boat parts.

I prefer "Comfortably Imperfect" unlike Ray's shiny Mahalo Moi.

Attachments

• FlyWright and MM Fishing Jan 2019.jpg
    FlyWright and MM Fishing Jan 2019.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Presume FW and MM are anchored, facing a strong ebb tide, in Montezuma Slough?

I've learned to avoid flying flags when not aboard for more than a few hours.

Presume FW and MM are anchored, facing a strong ebb tide, in Montezuma Slough?

I've learned to avoid flying flags when not aboard for more than a few hours.

...or a big sturgeon pulling both boats up the slough! That was a strong ebb that day. IIRC, we were holding on the bottom with only Al’s claw. The perfect anchor!

On that day, the current was ripping and the floating tules fowled the waters. I think Ray has a drone shot of the debris field passing us by at 2 kts. (That's a lot for Monte Sl.)

Yup...the ol 33# Lewmar Claw held us great... like always. She's been battle-tested in the Slot of the SF Bay during Fleet Week's crowded Blue Angels show with a 60 Hatt across my bow like a pickle on a fork. Your 42 GB was nothing for this girl.

...or a big sturgeon pulling both boats up the slough! That was a strong ebb that day. IIRC, we were holding on the bottom with only Al’s claw. The perfect anchor!

Only thirty-three pounds yet. :)

On that day, the current was ripping and the floating tules fowled the waters. I think Ray has a drone shot of the debris field passing us by at 2 kts. (That's a lot for Monte Sl.)

Yup...the ol 33# Lewmar Claw held us great... like always. She's been battle-tested in the Slot of the SF Bay during Fleet Week's crowded Blue Angels show with a 60 Hatt across my bow like a pickle on a fork. Your 42 GB was nothing for this girl.

The debris in Monte that day. Made for difficult, if not impossible, fishing.

Attachments

• 90CC3F73-1F69-4BC3-B1BB-4EE9F26B92D6.jpg
    90CC3F73-1F69-4BC3-B1BB-4EE9F26B92D6.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 125
I never knew how much bird crap I had on my bimini until you bought a drone.

Oh well....comfortably imperfect.

will someone please tell me how the heck I can post a few items on the forums, I have looked and looked and can't find anything

will someone please tell me how the heck I can post a few items on the forums, I have looked and looked and can't find anything
A good place to start is How To Use The Site... Forums 101 available from the website and app both.
If you mean how to post a new topic from main menu choose the best fit category and select + on bot right to add a new post on website again select the best category and top left you will see Post a New Thread.
In both cases selecting the best category and wording the Title informatively will get the most informative responses... i.e "need help" is not a helpful title vs being more specific

TF burgee in Greenwell Point

Here is Seabiscuit fresh off the slips with all rot repaired, and I felt the best was to celebrate was to attach the TF burgee that I have had for six months!

I have mine offset so it's not in my direct line of sight, and I use it as a wind indicator (the other name of Greenwell Point is "Windy Point").

I will start a thread on my experiences with wooden boat repair, too, after three intensive week's work alongside two shipwrights. Not 100% finished yet, but all the major work is done.

Attachments

• IMG_3898.jpg
    IMG_3898.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 53
Here is Seabiscuit fresh off the slips with all rot repaired, and I felt the best was to celebrate was to attach the TF burgee that I have had for six months!

I have mine offset so it's not in my direct line of sight, and I use it as a wind indicator (the other name of Greenwell Point is "Windy Point").

I will start a thread on my experiences with wooden boat repair, too, after three intensive week's work alongside two shipwrights. Not 100% finished yet, but all the major work is done.

Looks great, enjoy enjoy.

Congrats on the launch Kit! The your vessel and burgee look magnificent.

My burgee was making too much noise slapping on the radome so I had to move it. It's found a new home on the dink for now...

Attachments

• 20190803_105552.jpg
    20190803_105552.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom