Toilet w/macerator/bidet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeoKa

Guru
Vessel Name
Ironsides
Vessel Make
54' Bruce Roberts steel sailboat hull, coastal LRC, 220HP CAT 3306.
Does any of you have sources for a macerator toilet with smart bidet functions?
I could find only one in the US:

https://www.thetfordmarine.com/us/product/us-e-breeze/

Looks great and does everything I need, but I cannot find a seller. Price is probably very steep, so different purchasing options would be great. Or, similar product from lesser known producers.
Thanks.

Did you contact Marine Sanitation & Supply in Seattle? They are a Tecma Dealer.

Did you contact Marine Sanitation & Supply in Seattle? They are a Tecma Dealer.

Not yet. I am planning to go there next week.
I still want to know, if there is an online alternative, or different models available? It is hard to imagine that there is only one company/model is on the market.
I am pretty sure that fancy yacht builders have requests like this.

For home toilets there are a number of aftermarket Bidet units.

Biggest hassle is running a new hot water line.

why is there a little label that indicates boats greater than 100 feet? does that mean if i had a 95 footer i can't install one?

why is there a little label that indicates boats greater than 100 feet? does that mean if i had a 95 footer i can't install one?

I think it refers to the price tag. Lol

Here is a good article about installation options:

https://yuzumag.com/boat-bidets/

It is something to consider, but my main goal is to get a toilet with the macerator pump inside. My vaccuflush is working ok, but some times I have empty running issues. When the boat lists after pump out or fuel fill up, air can stuck in the system and it just pumps endlessly. This happened even when I was not on board, but the boat was rocking heavily from the ‘ friendly ‘ wake attack around the marina. The pump was running for hours empty. Not very good for the vaccuflush system. I know it is a bad design, but instead of tryin to fix the piping, I’ll rather just get rid of the the two vaccuflush assembly and get the macerator toilets. Optionally, a bidet seat, or bidet/macerator toilets. Budget permitting.

Last edited:
It is something to consider, but my main goal is to get a toilet with the macerator pump inside.

Optionally, a bidet seat, or bidet/macerator toilets. Budget permitting.

Raritan Marine Elegance is the one I see most often recommended. We had a Jabsco Quiet Fush before and it worked well for the 15 years we had that boat. Neither have bidet option, as far as I know.

-Chris

For home toilets there are a number of aftermarket Bidet units.

Biggest hassle is running a new hot water line.

Doesn't have to use hot water. We've got a Kohler add-on seat that's plumbed to domestic water, the cold side. It's not as cold as you'd expect, even in winter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017Y451GM

Besides, unless the hot water line was already charged you'd still be bringing cold tap water to the seat first.

I don't know how well an add-on bidet seat would work on the typically smaller/round shape of most boat toilets.

I bought this for our master about a year ago. Costco was having a sale ($199). It's the absolute best thing ever!!! The heated seat on a cold morning is GLORIOUS!!! hahaha

We have a "basic" bidet at the house, no features, just "water flush". Nothing heated... I WISH I had bought more of these, for every room of the house!!!

Even at $299 I think it's worth it! If it drops to $199 again, I am buying 3 more!!! :)

https://www.costco.com/bio-bidet-uspa-6800-luxury-bidet-seat.product.100015779.html

Features:
Dual Sided Wireless Remote, with User Presets
Nightlight, Soft Closing Seat/Lid
Warm Water, and Warm Air Dryer
Dual Nozzle with Adjustable Pressure
Oscillating Wide Clean, and Auto Wash feature

Back
Top Bottom