Thoughts on a Seapiper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Other than your choice of electronics, the SeaPiper standard boat is very well equipped boat.
Of course for another $50K+ you will have customized it to its full potential.
Add in a yacht wireless controller and you can control the boat from where ever you wish.

The wireless controller sounds awesome. Maybe I'm dreaming here but wish it had a couple seats up on the bow this because that space seems wasted despite being easily accessed.

Imagine sitting up front and still having full control:

B7YaaoX.jpg

Ok, I guess I should finish this thread with with the bottom line results.

The Sea Piper in Maryland, Hannah, came back on the market last Saturday. Financing fell through for the first buyer. I have now bought it. Can't wait to get to start using her.

Guess I'm no longer a wanna be trawler guy.

The Sea Piper in Maryland, Hannah, came back on the market last Saturday. Financing fell through for the first buyer. I have now bought it. Can't wait to get to start using her.

Excellent! Congratulations. I think you will enjoy it.

You bought a very well equipped SeaPiper.
I wish you many happy hours.

Congratulations! Look forward to your impressions.

Congratulations! If I were in the market for another boat, I would get one without any hesitation. For me on the Texas gulf coast it would do nicely.

Cheers.

Can a SeaPiper hull be painted perhaps? Should you try to paint a hull before using the boat? Red would be awesome.

Yes, my AT hull is painted British Racing Green at the factory.
The preparation is best discussed at a yard that paints boats.

Why not paint it Pepto pink or perhaps that crappy shade of FL green. LOL

You can do any color you want after purchase. Even do a hull wrap. A hull wrap would let you change as often as your wallet will allow. Just think of the graphics choices!
I doubt Ritzo will budge on color. It's his trademark color. More color choices are going to drive the price up. Not his primary objective.

Last edited:
Thanks. Didn't know it existed. I'm now registered.

That forum is fairly new. Just trying to get it's feet off the ground.
It's more of a SeaPiper owners and perspective's and others interested and not so much a question and answer for Ritzo. He does monitor it.
Just a way to share interests.

The wireless controller sounds awesome. Maybe I'm dreaming here but wish it had a couple seats up on the bow this because that space seems wasted despite being easily accessed.

Imagine sitting up front and still having full control:

B7YaaoX.jpg

Thought this video did a good job showing off the room up front to sit on the Seapiper:

many boats have space like this to sit up front while someone else is at the helm. Not sure what the point is.

many boats have space like this to sit up front while someone else is at the helm. Not sure what the point is.

Are you asking what the point of space to sit is?

To enjoy I would think. Furthermore, someone stated you could control the boat from anywhere. Seems like a nice spot to sit and the topic is about the Seapiper...

To enjoy I would think. Furthermore, someone stated you could control the boat from anywhere. Seems like a nice spot to sit and the topic is about the Seapiper...

I was wondering the same thing. Umm, the point is to have a spot to sit? Yes, I think so.

We like both the center cockpit and the forward sitting spot.

Sea Piper
1890630633.jpg

Z

I guess what I meant was inot a unique Seapiper feature. If your goal is to control your boat from sitting at the bow, you could do that with most any boat. Not sure that it's a plus for a Seapiper.

I guess what I meant was inot a unique Seapiper feature. If your goal is to control your boat from sitting at the bow, you could do that with most any boat. Not sure that it's a plus for a Seapiper.

I was simply stating it looks like the Seapiper might have more room to move about than people think and some room to sit up front.

Not unique but for those interested in the boat they may be interested in controlling the boat from the bow and seeing there is room to sit. I think it's a plus personally.

I was simply stating it looks like the Seapiper might have more room to move about than people think and some room to sit up front.

Not unique but for those interested in the boat they may be interested in controlling the boat from the bow and seeing there is room to sit. I think it's a plus personally.

I don't disagree, however, I don't know that I'd be comfortable controlling any boat away from the helm, but that's just me.

I don't disagree, however, I don't know that I'd be comfortable controlling any boat away from the helm, but that's just me.

It's a learning curve just as speed control on a car??

It's a learning curve just as speed control on a car??

It's not that. What about monitoring gauges? What if there is an emergency situation where you have to make a very sudden change in speed or direction because you just spotted something in the water very close? Checking course against charts, etc. I've never used a remote like this but I have to believe its functions are limited.

It's not that. What about monitoring gauges? What if there is an emergency situation where you have to make a very sudden change in speed or direction because you just spotted something in the water very close? Checking course against charts, etc. I've never used a remote like this but I have to believe its functions are limited.

Backinblue, my DockMate is very limited. At idle, I have fwd and reverse. I can also control the thrusters, port/stbd. I could have anchor up/down (for additional money) but, I feel it is better if one is at the bow observing the anchor/chain and using the foot switches and 'creep speed' taking up more chain as you move fwd and bringing the anchor to 'home'.

Last edited:
Backinblue, my DockMate is very limited. At idle, I have fwd and reverse. I can also control the thrusters, port/stbd. I could have anchor up/down (for additional money) but, I feel it is better if one is at the bow observing the anchor/chain and using the foot switches and 'creep speed' taking up more chain as you move fwd and bringing the anchor to 'home'.

Makes single handed locking and docking a piece of cake.
One of the pluses of the SeaPiper center cockpit and helm location is it makes it very easy for single handed locking and docking.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood. Makes perfect sense for docking and anchoring. I thought people were talking about sitting on the bow and cruising for hours at cruising speed. That's not something I would be comfortable doing. For anchoring I also like to control the windlass at the bow. My wife at the helm is my remote control and is pretty good at responding to hand signals!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom