Sarasota marina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seattleboatguy

Vessel Name
Slow Bells
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 38
I'm looking for a cheap liveaboard marina for the first 3 months of 2020 in the Bradenton/Sarasota/Venice area. My trawler is 38'x13'x4'. Any recommendations, or should I just go through the list on Active Captain? I'm currently on a mooring ball at Marina Jack, but I have a guest coming in January who is prone to motion sickness. Thanks.

I'd stay at the moorings at Marina Jack's for cheap. That's about as cheap as you're going to get in that area.

We like Twin Dolphin, up the Manatee River, north of you, but it's not that cheap.

Actually, when I saw Slow Bells was intending to winter here, I was wondering if you’d be looking for a slip. Keep an eye on the local Craigslist for the occasional slot behind a residence or even a cheap private owner’s slip in LBK marina who doesn’t want to pay the club commission. Check Cortez marinas as they are a bit more bare bones. Do you require electr. & water?

Actually, when I saw Slow Bells was intending to winter here, I was wondering if you’d be looking for a slip. Keep an eye on the local Craigslist for the occasional slot behind a residence or even a cheap private owner’s slip in LBK marina who doesn’t want to pay the club commission. Check Cortez marinas as they are a bit more bare bones. Do you require electr. & water?

I'll follow up on your ideas. Since I will be living aboard, I will need the usual services (electricity, water, showers, pump-out). Thanks for your feedback.

My wife and I really enjoy watching your Great Loop video series. We were hoping you were going to make it down to the Pine Island area, but Sarasota is a wonderful place to stop.

Good luck on on your slip search.

Try the Seafood Shack Bradington/Cortez should have what you want.

Btw don’t use the term Live aboard, in SW Florida... locals think all live Abourds are Hobos, full time cruiser or seasonal stay aboard or transit will work better in your search.

By the way, just now speaking with a harbour master of a local marina, he said area slips may be at a premium right now due to slip rebuilding at a Bradenton Marina. Those boats will likely be spread out through Sarasota, Cortez and others in Bradenton.

Try the Seafood Shack Bradington/Cortez should have what you want.

Btw don’t use the term Live aboard, in SW Florida... locals think all live Abourds are Hobos, full time cruiser or seasonal stay aboard or transit will work better in your search.
Thanks. I'll try to be "politically correct" with the live-a-board subject.

By the way, just now speaking with a harbour master of a local marina, he said area slips may be at a premium right now due to slip rebuilding at a Bradenton Marina. Those boats will likely be spread out through Sarasota, Cortez and others in Bradenton.
I was not aware of that. Good to know, though. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom