Lunar eclipse a washout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mako

Guru
Well 4am has come and gone here but it rained awhile ago so the clouds have obscured any glimpse. Too bad.

Anyone else get a good look?

I saw it, or at least a glimpse through the trees on our wooded lot. Myself, wife, 9 year old daughter and 6 year old son standing in the driveway with our two dogs wide awake trying not to mis this once in a lifetime event.

Honestly, I never fully appreciate these events as I should, I try not to let on to my kids but I resent the missed sleep and fact that the dogs are now expecting me up for the day. I can appreciate the level of knowledge that it takes to fully in understand and predict these celestial movements but the full grandeaur is lost on me.

We left my 11 year old sleeping, no one wants to disturb a pre-teen in the wee hours of the morning.

Solid overcast in the Tampa area. Couldn't see a thing. (Though I was standing out in the middle of the street, in my pajamas, at 4 am, trying real hard!)

My wife Liz is at the house in SC but she called me at 4 and reminded me to go out and check it out. We had a downpour around midnight here in VA and I was thinking it was going to be overcast but it was as clear as crystal when I went out. I snapped this pic about 5 minutes too late but it was still impressive when it was in the almost total eclipse phase. My iphone picture sure isn't too impressive but you get the idea.
We're hoping the moon is still bright early tomorrow morning because we're leaving between 4 & 5AM to be able to make some time tomorrow and be well below Norfolk to head South. The winds sure need to lay down a little from what they are now.

Attachments

• IMG-1545.jpg
    IMG-1545.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 7
Not much in SWFL. I did get one fuzzy pic in between some clouds.

Attachments

• IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Dang, I forgot to set my clock. :(

On the flipside, I slept pretty good last night :) :)

Well you certainly slept better than the rest of us meatballs who woke up at 4am to see clouds

Back
Top Bottom