Looking for Recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4fun1

Vessel Name
No Worries
Vessel Make
Beneteau ST44
So we just traveled down the east coast and are currently in Miami. We are looking to leave the boat somewhere while we head home for Christmas to see the Grandkids.

We will need to find a slip for a month or so. Looking for somewhere safe and reasonable.

Any suggestions.

Based on what I have heard, transit slips and slips for sale in the Miam/Ft Lauderdale area are scarce as hen's teeth. People are buying boats with no place to park them.

Bring it on up to our neck of the woods, Ortona, 50 miles up the Caloosahatchie from Ft Myers.

Its A great Hurricane Hole and non liveaboard , dead boat space can be found for $200-$250a month , plus electric.

PM if interested

Just left our 42' boat in Marathon for six weeks - made the reservations last April - good luck.

So we just traveled down the east coast and are currently in Miami. We are looking to leave the boat somewhere while we head home for Christmas to see the Grandkids.

We will need to find a slip for a month or so. Looking for somewhere safe and reasonable.

Any suggestions.

Search Craigslist. I found a slip behind someones home for a reasonable price. It even included electricity. It was up the New River, but easy to get to.

There is also USABoatslips and Marina Guide.

Might want to check on pump out boat services too.

Bring it on up to our neck of the woods, Ortona, 50 miles up the Caloosahatchie from Ft Myers.

Its A great Hurricane Hole and non liveaboard , dead boat space can be found for $200-$250a month , plus electric.

PM if interested
Thanks for the suggestion, that is a bit further than I like to do right now. When we come back in January we plan to drift down the keys and maybe cross the Okeechobee on the way back north.

Search Craigslist. I found a slip behind someones home for a reasonable price. It even included electricity. It was up the New River, but easy to get to.

There is also USABoatslips and Marina Guide.
I would but my wife is hesitate to leave it at a strangers house.

Remember, Caloosahatchee will be closed first week of January for lock maintenance.

user_offline.gif

So you would prefer to leave it at a marina , that may have 50 transients per day??

user_offline.gif

So you would prefer to leave it at a marina , that may have 50 transients per day??
Sometimes it is best to not try and understand the logic. But if it makes her feel more comfortable, then it makes sense.

We found a nice little place in Marathon. Banana Bay Resort and Marina. Not bad monthly rates.

St. Lucie lock will close Jan. 2 thru March. I'm rushing to finish necessary projects while OTH at Indiantown Boatyard, before the close, otherwise...well you get the picture.

Of course a trip thru the keys is not the worst remedy.

St. Lucie lock will close Jan. 2 thru March. I'm rushing to finish necessary projects while OTH at Indiantown Boatyard, before the close, otherwise...well you get the picture.

Of course a trip thru the keys is not the worst remedy.

Remember when traversing the Keys, clothing is optional
:D

Any suggestions.

Looking for something reasonable? Git yer buns outa Miami/Lauderdale.

Consider Riviera Beach City Marina next to Port of West Palm Beach.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom