looking for a buyers broker.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello everybody, I've been lurking on this forum for a while now trying to soak up as much knowledge as possible before I made the leap and I am finally there. The house is sold and I need to start looking for my new home in the middle of a pandemic.
I'm Looking for recommendations for a buyers broker on the Gulf or East coast (Or maybe 2) who can help me with my search. I have looked at a few boats over the years while on vacation and have at least a basic idea of what I want. (Or more importantly what I don't want)
Any recommendations or referral's would be greatly appreciated and we can discuss the anchor issue later.:lol:

Wow you have been given some great advise. Having just bought my boat, let me share some thoights. 1.) Regime what you want to do besides sleep and shower on your boat. 2.) Where do you want to go on your boat, how fast. 3.) Do you care how much your moorage fee will be? 4.) I looked at Catermerans because they give lots of living space and multi spaces for stuff. Best of luck on your journey.

Well I finished my search along the coast of Texas and although I was able to look at a few boats and get a better feeling of what I was looking for, nothing really interested me. For the second leg of the trip I took some of you folks advice and called some brokers that you recommended. One of the brokers never bothered to call me back but fortunately I also called Judy Waldman at jwyachts 954-895-8844 and let me tell you things took off from there. You guys were right, she is amazing.

She spent time to figure out what I wanted to do and sent me multiple listings to look at the first day I called her. We talked about various boats and what I didn't so that she could help narrow it down before I hit the road looking at them live.

I took my two 13 year old grand daughters along with our 90 pound bone head dog for this leg of the hunt and it has turned into a trip that none of us will ever forget. The girls truely got into the search giving me a perspective on every boat that we looked at that I never would have noticed without them being along. They took pictures, made notes, crawled around bilges and talked about everything they saw.

Judy was able to line out viewings and routes along with a few beach stops for the girls along the way as well as finding the answers to every question I could come up with.

So when the evening came along when the girls and I were discussing and looking at the pictures of what we had looked at that day and suddenly it was being compared to every boat we had ever looked at Judy took it from there.

We made an offer that night and I felt that Judy had my back the whole way. Counter offers, hull survey, engine surveys, renegociations, paperwork and finally the closing today. 1986 Viking aft cabin and it is mine.

Thanks you guys for the recommendation and Judy, you are the best.

So where is it geographically?

She's in Cape Haze, FL right now.

Well I finished my search along the coast of Texas and although I was able to look at a few boats and get a better feeling of what I was looking for, nothing really interested me. For the second leg of the trip I took some of you folks advice and called some brokers that you recommended. One of the brokers never bothered to call me back but fortunately I also called Judy Waldman at jwyachts 954-895-8844 and let me tell you things took off from there. You guys were right, she is amazing.

She spent time to figure out what I wanted to do and sent me multiple listings to look at the first day I called her. We talked about various boats and what I didn't so that she could help narrow it down before I hit the road looking at them live.

I took my two 13 year old grand daughters along with our 90 pound bone head dog for this leg of the hunt and it has turned into a trip that none of us will ever forget. The girls truely got into the search giving me a perspective on every boat that we looked at that I never would have noticed without them being along. They took pictures, made notes, crawled around bilges and talked about everything they saw.

Judy was able to line out viewings and routes along with a few beach stops for the girls along the way as well as finding the answers to every question I could come up with.

So when the evening came along when the girls and I were discussing and looking at the pictures of what we had looked at that day and suddenly it was being compared to every boat we had ever looked at Judy took it from there.

We made an offer that night and I felt that Judy had my back the whole way. Counter offers, hull survey, engine surveys, renegociations, paperwork and finally the closing today. 1986 Viking aft cabin and it is mine.

Thanks you guys for the recommendation and Judy, you are the best.

Congrats on your new baby. Glad to hear of young ones getting into boating. Makes you feel good. Now put them to work in the tight places that us old fat guys have trouble getting into. Have fun!!!

Great that you took the time to close the loop. So glad it worked out well for you.

Given the prominent role your grand daughters played, I pass along a piece of advice I received from the previous owner of my boat 22 years ago when I purchased her: be careful about granting naming rights to small children as he had done. The name of our Willard 36 at the time? "Shy Platypus."

Back
Top Bottom