Kenmore Air saves the day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pau Hana

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Pau Hana
Vessel Make
1989 PT52 Overseas Yachtfisher
Greetings from Canada! Kathy and I are on the hook in Henry Bay just south of Comox as I write this. Just wanted to drop a note on using some of our local resources to save us from broken boat grief....

While on the way to Rebecca Spit on Quadra Island last Friday morning, the port engine overheated. Found that the raw water pump failed, and we limped in. I figured that I could get the parts in Campbell River and be on our merry way....

Well, I ordered the part from the local Cat dealer. He assured me he'd have in by 0800 Saturday.

Saturday morning, bright and early, the Cat dealer calls and tells me he has the block mounted freshwater circulating pump ready for pickup. I inform him I needed the raw water pump, and he checked his notes. He ordered the wrong part, and the closest pump he could get thru Cat was in Waco, Tx- $1200+ overnight fees!

So, I started searching for someone in Campbell River who could rebuild the pump.

Strike 2. Campbell River shuts down at 5pm Friday and wakes up on Monday around 9am. AND, the rebuild parts were not in town.

I found a pump at Fisheries Supply and West Marine Seattle, and had it sent to me via Kenmore Air for the princely sum of $25 air freight.

Got the pump at noon today, we were underway by 3.

Just something for us to think about as we're in the middle of the cruising season..

Peter

Sent from my iPhone

Glad you got it fixed. I never would have thought if Kenmore air but what a great idea.

Great weather today. You heading South?

Yessir. Coffee is on, and we're Nanaimo bound.

Leave it to a Beaver !

Peter!!! Seems like it's been a loooooong time. Great to see you posting and great news about the Kenmore Air shipping! Enjoy your cruising!

Cheers!!

Excellent post! I used to use Kenmore Air when I was making Latitudes & Attitudes TV shows while living in Friday Harbor. I would finish a show and drop the ProRes export on a hard drive. Kenmore would then fly it to Lake Union - for less than $20! - where a partner would pick it up and take it to our Seattle office to make the Beta master.

Kenmore does come in handy around here...

Peter!!! Seems like it's been a loooooong time. Great to see you posting and great news about the Kenmore Air shipping! Enjoy your cruising!

Cheers!!

Indeed, my friend! Life has been full of work, family, and bein the Commodore of Tyee Yacht Club in Seattle. I haven't posted much, as it's the silly season regarding marine insurance- but winter will be here before long...... :)

Excellent post! I used to use Kenmore Air when I was making Latitudes & Attitudes TV shows while living in Friday Harbor. I would finish a show and drop the ProRes export on a hard drive. Kenmore would then fly it to Lake Union - for less than $20! - where a partner would pick it up and take it to our Seattle office to make the Beta master.

Kenmore does come in handy around here...

Yessir, it does!

Back
Top Bottom