Janice 142

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Old School
Vessel Make
38' Trawler custom built by Hike Metal Products
I wonder how Janice & Sea Weed made out in the storm. Has anyone heard from her?

Hope she's OK, it would be reassuring to see a post from her but the Wi-Fi is probably down.
Stay safe Seaweed.

Healhustler made contact with her on the thread "Hurricane Irma". Check the last page. Apparently, she tied close to mangrove trees and managed ok.

Healhustler made contact with her on the thread "Hurricane Irma". Check the last page. Apparently, she tied close to mangrove trees and managed ok.

Great, thanks for the info, glad she's all right. Be interested to see how the boat made out.

Janice and Seaweed both came through well, but she was having trouble getting back to it, apparently from electric crews and police, and she was livid! Never known her to get that angry. Anyway, those souls of the sea are together again.

Gosh, thank you all.

Yes, I am back where I belong. My girl Seaweed is fine.

And Larry is dead right... I started out calm and by the end was beyond irate. I just signed on (thanks to Verizon) and will be cobbling together an article after I download the pictures. The experience is one I never anticipate repeating.

There is an old saying in my family: "Fool me once your fault, fool me twice, mine."
Two has been reached.

A friend called about this thread so I popped over here to check in. I'm waiting for news on Bijou at ff's. Will peek at Irma thread while I download pictures.

My girl is safe and I am happy. I hope all can be as fortunate. J.

Welcome back Janice, nice to see you were not crushed by Mother Nature pliers

L

Good job Janice

Hey Janice - Darn pleased to see your post! Glad you made it through.

My folks had a saying... "Don't let the bastards wear you down"! Pretty sure that came from WWII.

Hey Janice Nice to see you back . Good Job !

Thanks. I am home and life is sweet. I am emotionally exhausted though...

Heading for my bunk. Sleep will help and nothing critical need be done. I know to pace myself. When tired, I make mistakes.

I "never" go to sleep this early however tonight that's just where I'm heading. Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby and more shall serenade me...

G'night and thank you so much for the well wishes. I've still got emails as yet unanswered. I will get to them too. But not tonight

Sweet dreams and speedy recovery to all.

J

Very glad to hear you are alright! I'm not surprised though as you probably have more on the water experience than 75% of this forum!:blush:

Hey Janice - Darn pleased to see your post! Glad you made it through.

My folks had a saying... "Don't let the bastards wear you down"! Pretty sure that came from WWII.

"Illigitimi non Corborendum"

Is that similar to Nil desperandum carborundum ?

Glad to hear your OK Janice, I think I would have cracked a bottle before hitting the sack. Just take your time now and put your life back together and before you know it you'll be all bright eyed and bushy tailed again.
Good Luck to you from all of us.

Way I look at it:

Summam scrutemur. Puer auterm nothi! ... Summam scrutemur!!

:D

Sleep well Janice, you too Seaweed.

Yeah - Dad spoke Latin pretty well too!

Daddy spoke French too when working in the bilges. I was his helper and not allowed to say any of those words.

How about
Ancora Imparo (and it has been fifty plus years since we cruised with a former professor of Latin at New York University)

From my notes: Ancora Imparo, on a sketch by Michelangelo meaning "Yet I learn" or "I still learn"

Last edited:
So happy to hear from you Janice! A lot of us (Your fans) were very concerned..

You do have a fan club, Janice! Glad all is well - or as good as it can be, under the circumstances.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom