Internet & WiFi Connectivity Webinar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottwb96

Vessel Name
Star Weird
Vessel Make
Camargue
I know a lot of people on here have been asking about connectivity options for their boat (internet & WiFi). For those that are still lost or even the more advanced persons, this should be a great webinar for getting informed on the subject.
Below is a screenshot of the invite (tomorrow 9am PST). You should be able to use the numbers below and the Webinar ID to login to the call. If anyone would like to also register, let me know and I will send you the link.

FYI, I have ZERO affiliation with them (Peplink) but I do use their 22G antenna. Only one that I am aware of that hits the low end of the 600mhz frequency (Tmobiles 5G frequency).

Attachments

• Peplink Specs.PNG
    Peplink Specs.PNG
    140.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Peplink Webinar.jpg
    Peplink Webinar.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 42
I use Peplink products for work all the time. They are a good company. Basically I think what they have for marine use is a Cellular Router … aka WIFI hotspot, but with a lot more routing capabilities, which I doubt the average boater needs, like port forwarding, firewalls, etc.

A competing company is cradlepoint www.cradlepoint.com

I have several of their routers in service and am quite happy with them.

Peplink’s Pepwave products and Cradlepoint are excellent products. They are commercial grade - used in transit and public safety applications. They allow appropriate external antennas to be used and have a ton of software configuration and fail-over options. For example, I can prioritize how I get my internet signal #1 is Wi-Fi pulled in from my extended antenna - if this drops out the router automatically switches to cellular LTE or 5G in my case. This is all seamless to me. I also prioritize applications, so if I’m working my Zoom or Microsoft Teams calls get priority over someone surfing the internet or watching Netflix. Internet connectivity is important to me so these products are well worth the money. I also understand that internet is not a priority for many people.

Back
Top Bottom