Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This one makes me want to own a wood boat. Stabilized, bow thruster, beautiful.

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 8.28.18 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 8.28.45 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 8.28.58 PM.png

I like the retro look of this motor sailor ( if it will be not me who must do the varnish ! :) )
But I don't understand this amazing high diesel consumption !?
6/7 kts = 7 to 8 gal per hour !? It means average 4.35 lt per nm I think mistake between gal and liter ? Because 4.35lnm it is more than our actual need at 10 kts

post deleted
That is a cool boat! Let's form a yachtshare and buy it. And while 500k is nothing to sneeze at, and we all know it's just the ticket to admission...I wonder what it needs? With inflation etc seems reasonable. I'm a sucker for old cool boats, I guess I grew up on John Wyane movies lol.

74’ 7” (22.8m) Custom passage maker was a one-off design ordered by William Weinberg in 1964. The Naval Architect – GEORGE W. MOORE – was given this project and PIONEER became a reality. George W. Moore’s background comes from reestablishing the Royal British Naval fleet after WWII. His extensive knowledge of how to build a ship, not a boat, was very important to Mr. Weinberg. This vessel was built for the purpose of crossing oceans, and it was a must to have an exceptional long range. Using the best equipment and materials was a priority. But the living space was not to be neglected and had to have class according to Mr. Weinberg’s tastes. Thus in 1967 “PIONEER” was launched from San Diego CA. PIONEER has been admired where ever she has landed. Over the years, she has been continually updated. Upgrades through the years have focused on keeping the gorgeous teak, dark walnut and mahogany finishings in place and made beautiful changes to areas that should be updated. Today she boasts a modern flair of interior design that gives off a feeling of comfortable sophistication. PIONEER is currently for sale and moored in Victoria, British Columbia.
Located in the Victoria International Marina with assumable moorage.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240503_084245_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240503_084245_Chrome.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
This one makes me want to own a wood boat. Stabilized, bow thruster, beautiful.

View attachment 154458View attachment 154459View attachment 154460

That is the coolest boat and only 110k! Talking about inexpensive housing, of course until you start to think about maintenance. But the cool part is Fess Parker. We visited his vineyards in 18, and purchased a 30 Fairchild Scout in Long Beach, Naples CA to be exact, having it shipped to upstate SC. Lesson in there is I just don't have good luck with Ukrainian truckers. The wine is excellent and they have won a number of awards

1961 CheoyLee Trawler TEAKLADYGorgeous solid old teak CheoyLee Trawler. Built in Hongkong. Single Detroit diesel engine. Tremendous live aboard potential. Hauled at Koehler Kraft a couple of years ago. Two heads. Bathtub. Three staterooms. Aft stern amazing. Vessel is like being in a fine piece of furniture. Owned at one time by Fess Parker of Davey Crockett/daniel Boone/Disney fame.

Back
Top Bottom