Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• 04C3EF33-6E84-427E-B538-4983570E8FD9.jpeg
    04C3EF33-6E84-427E-B538-4983570E8FD9.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
At least we have returned to "boats".
Ya'll wanna talk about you cars, pleases form a new thread.

Have you guys seen this? It is an interesting layout, where the salon is the master suite with a galley down. The guy has photos of the engine but didn't put them on the YW listing. I contacted the broker and got the link... Kinda stupid not to post engine photos.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2013/bruce-roberts-custom-steel-trawler-3176768/

Engine photos are here:
Boat Pics engine room

I'm not related to this other than having seen it on YW.

This boat is on my dock. Met the owner a week or so ago. Haven't been on the boat yet.

Ted

Have you guys seen this? It is an interesting layout, where the salon is the master suite with a galley down. The guy has photos of the engine but didn't put them on the YW listing. I contacted the broker and got the link... Kinda stupid not to post engine photos.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2013/bruce-roberts-custom-steel-trawler-3176768/

Engine photos are here:
Boat Pics engine room

I'm not related to this other than having seen it on YW.

I could see why folks would pass on this boat. LOTS of negatives and horrible design. And hard to really tell how bad it is as the pix in the ad are horrible, to. Hate sunken kitchens, and broken up small rooms.

I know it isn't how Bruce Roberts designed it...

I assume that's based on a BR43 trawler yacht, which is a rather good design. I almost had an aluminum one built, but the 18 long ton displacement was a bit too light (plus I'm not keen on AL).

Anyway, this boat layout goes to show what happens when you build/modify a boat a bit too esoteric. It's one thing to satisfy your personal desires and express your individuality, but you pay the price when sale time comes.

Of course if you're planning to keep it until you die, then who cares, because it becomes the problem of your free-loading, money-grubbing heirs :)

MurryM: that Willard does look lovely.

Real nice Willard. Man... I've seen clean engines before... but, none any cleaner that that boat's diesel!

My only cautions are, when where the pictures taken and the second, I have been repeatedly told by women, I look better in my pictures than I do in real life.

Geez, some of you guys are harsh...it's a 1981 for Cod's sake :socool:

[FONT=&quot]This showed up on YW today. Allegedly, she was built in Scotland to be an expedition research boat in 1975 but was gutted and refit in 2008. Not sure if the hull was meant to be stealth black or she needs a couple of coats of Awlgrip. Check out the pics of the hull on the hard where you will notice zincs at every 8-9’. No stabilizers but maybe with the draft and hull design, they aren’t needed. I am not liking the pilot house windows. Pricing seems wildly unrealistic.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2008/halmatic-expedition-trawler-3515345/?refSource=enhanced%20listing[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Attachments

• Exped.jpg
    Exped.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 110
Hmmm, no mention of A/C. Might need a larger freezer to make a long distance cruise.
Never mind, I want it. I need 2 volunteers to help me bring it around to the east coast of FL. Might take a year or two to bring it around so it's a big commitment. Figure about the time we get it to FL, I might be ready to move ashore.
I need a show of hands to make the trip.

Last edited:
Nice boat. Needs larger Gen set, Relatively flat rear [40% of hull bottom] shows that if weighted correctly... with enough prop and power to raise nose past amidships... that it might be called an SD hull design??!!

:speed boat:

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2008/halmatic-expedition-trawler-3515345/?refSource=enhanced%20listing

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]This showed up on YW today. Allegedly, she was built in Scotland to be an expedition research boat in 1975 but was gutted and refit in 2008. Not sure if the hull was meant to be stealth black or she needs a couple of coats of Awlgrip. Check out the pics of the hull on the hard where you will notice zincs at every 8-9’. No stabilizers but maybe with the draft and hull design, they aren’t needed. I am not liking the pilot house windows. Pricing seems wildly unrealistic.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2008/halmatic-expedition-trawler-3515345/?refSource=enhanced%20listing[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

wow.. nice boat!

one of those rare instances where " the curtains don't match the drapes"

The interior and exterior don't relay the same boat.. not that it's a bad thing either.

A quick scan on the interior shows a really nice boat.. from the pics it looks like it was Very well done.

Actually for what it is and no doubt can do I dont think its priced that bad.
HOLLYWOOD

wow.. nice boat!

one of those rare instances where " the curtains don't match the drapes"

The interior and exterior don't relay the same boat.. not that it's a bad thing either.

A quick scan on the interior shows a really nice boat.. from the pics it looks like it was Very well done.

Actually for what it is and no doubt can do I dont think its priced that bad.

HOLLYWOOD

Agreed!

Very nice machine. What a surprise that interior is. Probably not the most economical boat around, but awesome live-aboard. Still, for that price you could buy a Nordy 50 or many competitive boats.

She has been for sale and on YW for some time...perhaps a new broker. We saw her in Sidney BC sometime in 2017, while passing through. Concur on the price concern. Resale will be a challenge too.

She has been for sale and on YW for some time...perhaps a new broker. We saw her in Sidney BC sometime in 2017, while passing through. Concur on the price concern. Resale will be a challenge too.

Resale would not be a problem for me. It might be a problem for my younger brother when he sells it after I die on it. LOL

Old Dan - please sign me up for one leg of the trip!!

Old Dan - please sign me up for one leg of the trip!!

aint no legs. Leave the dock and end up in my slip in Aventura FL
We might have stop along the way for some fuel and replenish the food supplies. The fridge and freezer dont look big enough to store a lot of food.
Do you like fried Spam? LOL

Last edited:
I like that boat but wary of the rear cabin doors - too big and not enough sill. Also the stairs have no handrail - problematic in a sea!

Back
Top Bottom