Humorous/cute boat names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My CHB 34 is the Trollop. A trollop is a woman who will do anything to get your money. Most boats resemble that goal, but we still keep coming back for more.

I like it. It reminds me of the unofficial name I had for Wayfarer that I can't print here.

OK Mark,
But I raise ya one w the name Al.
Simpler w Only Two letters ... Ha.

Eric - I'll raise one more, getting even simpler. Just a single letter: I

But of course it has to be pronounced "aye!"

:lol:

I named my first ocean boat, LucyEthel. The first year felt like being on that chocolate factory line THE WHOLE TIME. Now, not so much but there occasionally are moments...:)

The biggest, most ostentatious boat I've seen was named "Acquitted"

Eric - I'll raise one more, getting even simpler. Just a single letter: I

But of course it has to be pronounced "aye!"

:lol:

Superyacht "A"

https://yachtharbour.com/yacht/motor-yacht-a-36

scale_36_8001d.jpg

My CHB 34 is the Trollop. A trollop is a woman who will do anything to get your money. Most boats resemble that goal, but we still keep coming back for more.

Well, welcome aboard. I seem to remember a trollop may do anything to get your money, but what makes her a trollop is what she does to get your money. :rolleyes:

Last year I was on a friend's boat trying to figure out a twisted cut between the ICW and the Gulf down towards Boca Grande. It was marked as "not recommended without local knowledge" in a cruising guide (Active Captain?) - - - with good reason it turned out.

A local good Samaritan on a 40-ish foot motoryacht hailed us and offered to lead us out so we spent 20 minutes watching the transom of a retired surgeon - boat name "No Patients.".

On the water today saw this one on a go fast...
Dixie Enormous... words are not enough. Felt sorry for the poor vessel

John

Wifey B: And in SC, especially around Columbia, you see every derivation you can imagine of names featuring one specific word in their name, all thanks to the Mascot of the University of SC. :nonono::nonono::nonono:

Wifey B: And in SC, especially around Columbia, you see every derivation you can imagine of names featuring one specific word in their name, all thanks to the Mascot of the University of SC. :nonono::nonono::nonono:

Yep, I had to look it up. That'd be "Cocky," the Gamecock. :eek:

Wifey B: I don't know what dictionary you dudes are using to look up trollop but mine reads "a woman who has many casual sexual encounters or relationships". Another reads, "a vulgar or disreputable woman." Then it adds "especially : one who engages in sex promiscuously or for money."

Simply, it's not about the money, it's about the sex. :)

Wifey B: I don't know what dictionary you dudes are using to look up trollop but mine reads "a woman who has many casual sexual encounters or relationships". Another reads, "a vulgar or disreputable woman." Then it adds "especially : one who engages in sex promiscuously or for money."

Sorry, it's a boat! It's always about the money, though I have felt screwed many times!:whistling::whistling:

When we discovered and looked at our current boat (Nimble Wanderer), I thought 'this is the best of all possible boats for us'. Then I remembered a novel I read in college, Voltaire's "Candide". In this book, Dr. Pangloss is continually reminding Candide that 'this is the best of all possible worlds', in spite of all the terrible things that happen to Candide.
So I named our new boat 'PANGLOSS'. (read it as pan-gloss, not pang-loss)

Be it a "trollop" a "lollipop" or whose on "top". We have no real option... without sex - there'd be no population, i.e. no us! So enjoy every pop of pleasure you hope into becoming opportunity. Because there is only one way go - we must never stop!! :dance:

Well, this is actually a ship not a boat, but it still has to be the "Worst Vessel Name in the World" :dance:

worst-ship-name.jpg

Good gosh, I checked the IMO number, and it seems to be real. Probably named by some non-English speaking geek in the company offices in Hong Kong.

I had a 20' open bow boat many years ago and named it "Tres Exes" for obvious reasons.

None of them liked the name. Well, maybe even less than they liked me. :eek:

The previous name of Sonas was Bagheera!

They must have loved Jungle Book!

We were sailing Wandering Star, our 68' Defever, out of Singapore in 1972 on the start of a voyage to Seattle when we came across a recent wreck on a reef in Indonesia. It was a late model sailboat with serious hull damage below the water line that had also caught fire and burned. I remember thinking I was glad to be aboard a steel hulled vessel. The name on the transom was "Demaciado", Spanish for "Too Much." Too much indeed. We had a chuckle.

Our current boat is Amadeus, which was the name when we bought it. It's a bit of a cultural literacy test, and a spelling test as well. The tender? Well "Wolfgang" of course.

Our 30' racer cruiser was named Chute Out. We were young, fit and a little stupid and loved a good race and took every opportunity to fly the spinnaker. Our current live aboard Californian 48 CPMY is Hale Moana, Hawaiian for Ocean Home. Our Catalina 38 sloop is Pretty Lady. She has lots of tumble home and has 'hips'. I like hips.
The best one I've seen was on our neighbor's sailboat. 'Fucifino' pronounced foos-i-fee-no. But if you ask the owner what it means, that 'c' becomes a hard 'k' sound and the second soft 'i' becomes a long 'I'......

I've kept the previous names on three of my last four boats. The one I had to rename is an old aluminum racing sailboat that I've been playing with. There was no way I was keeping the old name of Kryptonite. It was kind of fun coming up with a playful name.

I think there's lots of latitude.IMG_20190517_162224262.jpegIMG_20190524_152703859_HDR.jpeg

Our current boat is Amadeus, which was the name when we bought it. It's a bit of a cultural literacy test, and a spelling test as well. The tender? Well "Wolfgang" of course.[/QUOTE]

Our previous boat was also called Amadeus, bought it off a musician who played the violin in the Sydney Symphony Orchestra. And yes the RIB was also called Wolfgang. I am a bit sorry we didn't rename our present boat Amadeus I like the name, and Wolfgang is such a natural for the tender.

The previous name of Sonas was Bagheera!

They must have loved Jungle Book!

We named our 34' Monk Bagheera! Back in the early 80's. Named her that because she had a fat rear end!:dance:

Last edited:
Candide

When we discovered and looked at our current boat (Nimble Wanderer), I thought 'this is the best of all possible boats for us'. Then I remembered a novel I read in college, Voltaire's "Candide". In this book, Dr. Pangloss is continually reminding Candide that 'this is the best of all possible worlds', in spite of all the terrible things that happen to Candide.
So I named our new boat 'PANGLOSS'. (read it as pan-gloss, not pang-loss)

Funny, the PO of our boat named her (I think of her as a her regardless of the gender of Candide) after the same book. Similar thought process as in “the best of all possible worlds”. Candide wasn’t my choice but I got the reference and the meaning and it wasn’t vulgar or demeaning so we kept it. We are itching to get back to her. One more month of closed CAN/US border - at least. It will be fantastic to be back aboard when we can.

Passed it (sailboat) going through Norfolk, VA on Thursday.

Ted

There it is. Our first reported sighting. We really should keep track of how many we find. It's about to become the decade's most cliche'd name.

Back
Top Bottom