Fuel polishing system?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigfish

Vessel Name
My Lady
Vessel Make
Formosa 42 Double Cabin
I'm having the last of some old fuel either polished or dumped on Wednesday. Two 350 gallon tanks cleaned. I don't plan on any long distance trips in the next few months. Reluctant to spend $2k for 700 gallons but I'm concerned about condensation here in the Florida Keys.. Perhaps a polishing system would be the way to go... Any thoughts??? My port engine shut off last week and fuel in the racor looked milky... I recently had lots of sludge/algae? In racor, cleaned it out, new filters, new 35 gallons of fuel and ran for 4 hours with racor staying clean... Added 2 oz. Of Startron Enzyme treatment for diesel engines then it sat for a month... Ran her for about an hour and a half before she shut down and I noticed the milky racor... Any thoughts?

To get the water and crud out you really need to stir things up. Fuel polishing at the dock really doesn’t cut it unless you polished it during transfer to a day tank.

See my last comment in your other thread.

Experience of the guy doing the work, how bad it looks, how much there is. Could be a little as 20 gallons or as much as 150... I dont know how much is in there... This guy's done lots of boats up to megayachts so should know more than me...I'm ready to just dump it all and start over... Hopefully cleaning the tanks will reveal how the water is getting in...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom