Crosby stopped selling missing links for joining chain?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick F

Guru
Vessel Name
Callisto
Vessel Make
1974 Grand Banks 42 Classic, Hull 433
I have been trying to buy a 5/16" missing link and was just informed by my local marine store that Crosby has ceased to supply these.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Any suggestions for a chain connection that will pass over the windlass?

Weird part is that Amazon sells it in Europe, seems to be no problem, but does not have them available in the US.
If this is the one you need you can contact this company, Jos Boone, I know they ship all over the world. It is a trustworthy shop, I was there a couple of weeks ago, bought some Raymarine equipment from them. Owner is extremely knowledgeable, so no worries.

https://www.josboone.nl/recreatie/t...-jymgkd6NS1OhfHm38_eDV23WCCXYarhoCkMYQAvD_BwE

5/16 is equal to 8 mm, so should fit.

I see now that the Crosby catalogue shows all sizes EXCEPT 5/16".

Perhaps I will try to use a 3/8" link.

Attachments

• Crosby missing links.jpg
    Crosby missing links.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 13
Not Crosby,But i have used a few from WM, aka: Tiffanys, and have been flawless and easy to hammer into place. No signs of fatigue.

Weird part is that Amazon sells it in Europe, seems to be no problem, but does not have them available in the US.
If this is the one you need you can contact this company, Jos Boone, I know they ship all over the world. It is a trustworthy shop, I was there a couple of weeks ago, bought some Raymarine equipment from them. Owner is extremely knowledgeable, so no worries.

https://www.josboone.nl/recreatie/t...-jymgkd6NS1OhfHm38_eDV23WCCXYarhoCkMYQAvD_BwE

5/16 is equal to 8 mm, so should fit.

Expert, then you've probably had Dien Boone, she has a vast knowledge of a very broad area.
Electronics is her specialty, a very trusted address indeed.

Mvg,

Pascal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom