Cleaning Walkerairseps .....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capn James Brett

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Stella Maris
Vessel Make
2004 Grand Alaskan 65
Hey all,
Just wanted to pick some mariners brains here....does anyone clean their Walkerairseps with anything besides the over priced Red cleaner from them?

I have a new boat and need to clean the Airseps, and looking for good suggestions on what to use?
Thanks all.

I use Formula 409, it smells the same and cleans just as well. I use generic motorcycle filter oil when I can find it or K&N oil when I can’t.

I've used everything from Dawn to Fantastik. Purple Power seemed to work the best but not by much. Chainsaw bar oil works well on them after cleaning.

PP&E thank you. Curious though, since I have never done this...how much oil and where am I putting the oil? Thanks, and thank god sometimes for Youtube.
Much appreciated.

Hi James,
Before I removed and replaced my Airsep system with a system from Seaboard Marine, I used the K&N cleaner and oil. Not that expensive, and one "kit" has lasted several years (4 years so far), so very inexpensive on a yearly cost basis.

When re-oiling, don't use too much. Spray it lightly on the pleats spraying the entire surface lightly letting it soak in. You can always add more if it does not develop a uniform colour (look) when dry showing relatively complete coverage.
Using the K&N kit, with it's red oil, clearly shows what you have done and not done.
Good luck.

K&N calls it a recharge kit and it is carried by NAPA.

The quickest cleaner...

A bit of gasoline....after it's clean...I wash with hot soapy water....then dry thoroughly...

The other cleaners...well they may work in one's lifetime...I can't wait that long.

I have also used Simple Green with good results.

When do you clean, when the indicator says to?

Jim,
I did mine annually. My thoughts were, "why wait for the indicator, and do I trust it?"

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom