Anyone familiar with SeeArch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Waterford

Vessel Name
Waterford
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37
Saw an ad today for SeeArch, an inflatable rescue device. Anyone have any experience with it? Looks like a big improvement over Lifesling, but fairly expensive at $250 each.

https://www.seeArch.ca/

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings,
Mr. W. No experience but the first thing that came to mind is someone has been playing with pool noodles.

They're not really showing it, but they are sort of hinting at the fact that you can hoist someone out with this?

Hi Doug,
I have no experience with it. However, my first thought was that the added visibility was potentially a good thing. It appears that they are showing it used as a device to lift the victim out of the water. Maybe on a sailboat. In my opinion, it looks like it would be even harder than a lifesling for that purpose on a power boat. Remember the issues pointed out by Linda using your boat, for bringing an unconscious victim aboard. The attachment point on this "arch" looks to be much higher than the point on the sling, and it was a problem with the sling. The added visibility could be good though.

Tom, I agree about the lifting point, but maybe with the "arch" sticking up so high, one could pull the victim onto the swim step without the block and tackle. Also, it appears that the victim is securely strapped into the arch, unlike the Lifesling.

I'll watch for some reviews and comparisons. However, retrieving either of us from the water continues to be a serious concern.

-Doug

Back
Top Bottom