BC Parks & Marine Parks to Open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My guess is the TC rule would stand within Canada, unless the anchorage is within a boundary (National or Provincial park, municipality, etc) that states otherwise.

Then again, if your boat broke down and you limped into a restricted anchorage for the safety of the vessel and/or the crew, you might get away with it.

Armchair lawyering, eh?

I suspect during these times, that it might stand, but like so many of these "new" laws and restrictions, whether they are actually legal or not is beside the point to those making them. They would say too bad, take us to court. Who has the time and money to fight this stuff?

I suspect during these times, that it might stand, but like so many of these "new" laws and restrictions, whether they are actually legal or not is beside the point to those making them. They would say too bad, take us to court. Who has the time and money to fight this stuff?

And in some cases, even if they know it won't hold up, they'll do it anyway because it only needs to last long enough to figure out something better. Basically "we don't know what to do yet, but we have to do something, so let's take the nuclear option to buy time while we figure it out"

Back
Top Bottom