MD DNR “no recreational boating allowed”

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The governor of Florida just issued a stay at home order. No details yet but does not make me happy.

LOL Did he tell that to the folks immigrating from NY?

Apparently the MD order is intended to allow LEOs significant latitude; there are several exceptions.

See:

https://chesapeakebaymagazine.com/md-clarifies-no-recreational-boating-order/

https://news.maryland.gov/dnr/2020/...ons-about-governor-hogans-stay-at-home-order/

I expect a few guys on a boat fishing is likely no big deal. 37 guys on a party boat boozing it up, probably not so great.

Liveaboards can continue living aboard. That section doesn't say they can't move the boat while they're doing it.

And so forth...

-Chris

And I was supposed to have the master bathroom shower demoed Friday morning and re-done. (termite damage recently found). Hopefully the contrators can still work.

Hmmm, may want to rethink this. The contractor could expose you to the disease.

Hmmm, may want to rethink this. The contractor could expose you to the disease.

We can disinfect and stay our distance. Minimal exposure in my estimation. If he's working he can proceed.
And if he can't work, I'll do the job myself as long as HD is open. But my exposure there is so much greater cause I'll be there many times I'm sure.

The OP’s concerns are valid. If you are self isolating, then driving a Dink around solo is not a problem.

The Navy has pulled most of their smaller craft out of the water in our area, which is good.

Our boat ramps, beaches, etc are closed which has helped and people appear to be taking it serious. We are still allowed to be on the water if no groups, but it’s quiet out there in general, another good thing.

OD43, you were one of the people who was down playing the C19 mitigation concerns early on. People like you, certain news organizations, as well as some politicians do not help the situation. This Is F-N serious. Please stay in your lane and avoid playing Doctor in the future.

My concern is the most or all of the season will be forbidden by the Maryland State governor. Now is when we start getting ready for launch but our marina is closed. Locking everyone in (While Philadelphia let's all its prisoners out). Will not make the virus go away only slow down its propagation a little. Even with tested vaccines the Polio virus is still with us and kills thousands ever year in America. So how is covid going to be of no concern in x number of months?
I hope 2020 is not the year they shut the Chesapeake down.

Polio comment not true: "The last case of polio in the United States was in 1979" www.cdc.gov

...No going on public beaches, but you are allowed to anchor 400' off the beach.

400 feet? If that's the required separation to prevent transmission, we're all in serious trouble.

OD43, you were one of the people who was down playing the C19 mitigation concerns early on. People like you, certain news organizations, as well as some politicians do not help the situation. This Is F-N serious. Please stay in your lane and avoid playing Doctor in the future.

Fletcher, I will admit that my comment was based upon the information and comments by the health and govt authorities....
Folks have ignored the suggested 6ft rule and the recommended 'stay at home' and avoid crowds.
Churches think they are above the closure order and folks still go to funerals. There are still block parties...
And folks dont understand why suddenly these are the hot spots.
BUT, we will get through this..... Some in Congress are quietly talking about rationing health care and restricted to only the "young" and healthy. I dont see or hear those old farts in Congress saying, they are willing to forego health care in favor of the young and healthy.

Last edited:
Fletcher, I will admit that my comment was based upon the information and comments by the health and govt authorities....
Folks have ignored the suggested 6ft rule and the recommended 'stay at home'and avoid crowds.
BUT, we will get through this..... Some in Congress are quietly talking about rationing health care and restricted to only the "young" and healthy. I dont see or hear those old farts in Congress saying, they are willing to forego health care in favor of the young and healthy.

Do you have a special pipeline into congress to hear what they are quietly talking about?

Do you have a special pipeline into congress to hear what they are quietly talking about?

Wait and see.
For example me. 77 years old, smokes cigars.... "He does not deserve a respirator."

But you said that some in congress were quietly talking about rationing healthcare, I just want to know how you know what they are talking about or is this just your idea that this will happen? If it is, ok then say that you think this might happen or you are worried about it happening. But unless you have some inside info don’t say that is what congress is talking about.

400 feet? If that's the required separation to prevent transmission, we're all in serious trouble.

400ft from shore. Dont anchor.... travel back and forth, herding the sharks closer to any swimmers.

But you said that some in congress were quietly talking about rationing healthcare, I just want to know how you know what they are talking about or is this just your idea that this will happen? If it is, ok then say that you think this might happen or you are worried about it happening. But unless you have some inside info don’t say that is what congress is talking about.

Okay, I am blowing smoke ..... wait and see.

SMILE Let's start with this.....

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fox-news-brit-hume-entirely-131616086.html

Is the media doing a bit of 'feeling out of the crowd?'

But hey, I dont have any kids. Put my name on one of those respirators.

I have one defib. on my boat. So if 2 people have heart attacks..... I have limited health care resources .... Who would you suggested I use the defib on first, the younger one or the older one?

Last edited:
Polio comment not true: "The last case of polio in the United States was in 1979" www.cdc.gov

I'm glad you posted that, or I woulda. The virtually total removal of polio, and complete removal of smallpox from our midst is one of the most amazing success stories of vaccination. That, and oh, how long since anyone saw a case of diphtheria..? :thumb:

OK, hear me out. I am a nurse, until this week happily retired. It was requested of me to return to work to bring a couple systems up to date, do some community outreach and get some Covid-19 training for when it really hits Northern Wisconsin.

The "Surge" is predicted to be in about two weeks, some hospitals in our system are already overloaded and basically closed.

I am intimately aware of the dangers and becoming more and more aware of the new regulations (which are changing every day, sometimes several times a day).

My boat is on the hard, about 90 miles from my dirt home, south.

I intend to follow the letter of the law! I will be 100% compliant! That being said, if there is a loophole, I intend to crawl through it. If it requires me to fish, I will fish. If I have to receive mail on my boat, I will send in an address change form. If I have to totally isolate or quarantine on my boat, so be it! Its close to what I do anyway.

I am nearly certain, I will be on my boat this summer.

pete

I'm glad you posted that, or I woulda. The virtually total removal of polio, and complete removal of smallpox from our midst is one of the most amazing success stories of vaccination. That, and oh, how long since anyone saw a case of diphtheria..? :thumb:

And we still refuse vaccinations for religious reasons or because they believe the vaccination will give them the disease.

I'm calling BS. U can't float around on a boat by urself, but liquor stores and gun stores can stay open. Give me a break. I went past a liquor store today and U couldn't find a parking spot in the lot.

My wife is in the health care industry but not on the front lines and is working behind the scenes. She is doing 12 to 14 hour days, 7 days and is completely exhausted but she is not exposing herself to sick people every day.

Anyone who is on the front line of this is a hero. Doctors, Nurses, and the folks who clean the floors. They are being sent in to a literal war zone in some cities with out any bullets. We owe them our lives, and we need to do whatever we can to stop overloading the system because they are at the breaking point.

Facts matter.

Reactions: GFC
OK, hear me out. I am a nurse, until this week happily retired. It was requested of me to return to work to bring a couple systems up to date, do some community outreach and get some Covid-19 training for when it really hits Northern Wisconsin.

The "Surge" is predicted to be in about two weeks, some hospitals in our system are already overloaded and basically closed.

I am intimately aware of the dangers and becoming more and more aware of the new regulations (which are changing every day, sometimes several times a day).

My boat is on the hard, about 90 miles from my dirt home, south.

I intend to follow the letter of the law! I will be 100% compliant! That being said, if there is a loophole, I intend to crawl through it. If it requires me to fish, I will fish. If I have to receive mail on my boat, I will send in an address change form. If I have to totally isolate or quarantine on my boat, so be it! Its close to what I do anyway.

I am nearly certain, I will be on my boat this summer.

pete

Well Pete thank you for your service.

However an "executive Order" is not a law. Only the legislature can enact a law, then the Governor or President signs it.

I understand the virus and the danger of it. N1H1 was probably around when you were a nurse. We didn't shut down the country for that. 3603 deaths so far in the U.S. for the Coronavirus. Will climb higher.

2018-2019 flu season saw 61,200 deaths. So far it would seem the common flu kills more, as of now.

It amazes me how folks are willing to throw away their Constitutional rights and liberties. The U.S. Constitution is absolute. It is either wrong or right. There is no in between.

Greetings,
Mr. ASD. I refer you to my post #48 in this thread with regards to your last paragraph.

ASD, you are another example of being out of your wheelhouse.

Covid19 is MUCH more contagious and virulent than a typical flu virus, and it will blow those death toll numbers you cite away if people don't get serious about this.

If you guys reach even one person with your notions who is not well informed and they also adopt your thought process then you are doing a disservice to our health system.

I'm an engineer and know nothing about medical issues. Don't take my word for it. Listen to Dr. Fauchi or go on the CDC or NIH websites and read for yourself.

Last post for me on the subject.

FACTS and SCIENCE MATTERS - Listen to the experts.

Greetings,
Mr. ASD. I refer you to my post #48 in this thread with regards to your last paragraph.

Understand TSA. However they are a government agencies created into law after 9-11.

A Governor restricting legitimate travel across state lines is quite different and has been deemed by the U.S. Supreme Court as illegal and unconstitutional.

My wife is in the health care industry but not on the front lines and is working behind the scenes. She is doing 12 to 14 hour days, 7 days and is completely exhausted but she is not exposing herself to sick people every day.

Anyone who is on the front line of this is a hero. Doctors, Nurses, and the folks who clean the floors. They are being sent in to a literal war zone in some cities with out any bullets. We owe them our lives, and we need to do whatever we can to stop overloading the system because they are at the breaking point.

Facts matter.

Please thank your wife and all her co-workers.

I do drink, evry day, but it is not essential to my life and I can do without it. Food, well, maybe for 30 days.
Jack, "By the way, liquor stores are open. Beer and liquor are essential? And, I am anything but a tee-totaler. The liquor stores should not be open and I should be able to take my boat out for a cruise and back to my dock".

so you dont drink. Can the brothels and massage parlors remain open?
LOL

Yet, the marina in which I live aboa4d is closed. Their choice I guess.
As with any 'law' the LEO needs to use common sense and good judgement. Something in short supply everywhere these days. Md. State Police issued guidelines on someone found on the roads. They will not pull over randomly just to see if in violation of the stay at home order.
Marinas and boatyards can stay open. They are considered 'essential' services.
Fishing for food is allowed.
Just hang a line over the side if you must.

Facts matter, but we are still learning and changing "facts"...like how long it lives on surfaces, like do face masks help from getting it ( not just spreading it).....I am sure there are more "facts" that have changed God along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom