Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spending a beautiful Memorial Day relaxing at the house, Thank you to All who gave the Ultimate Sacrifice!
Anyone every see the conclusion to Matt's arduous task?

Hi all,
It’s with a heavy heart I advise you all that SOLSTICE has been sold.
Some of you know that felicity and I broke up a while ago and well she ate her sights on the boat as part of the separation. I couldn’t afford to pay her out so I listed the boat for sale. She sold in under 24hrs. The new owner has said he wants me to come down for the launch. Not sure how I feel about that. She was a big part of my life, as she was for you all.Thank you to everyone that made it possible and for all of your support. Such a sad end but I’ll sign out for now
Regards
Matt

Well Well !!
I can't help remembering what dad told me when I was a young man.
"Son, for a stress free life keep away from anything with tits or a motor"

Well Well !!
I can't help remembering what dad told me when I was a young man.
"Son, for a stress free life keep away from anything with tits or a motor"

"If it flies, floats, or f***s, RENT IT!"

Hi all
Been a few years. Hope you’re all well. I was able to reunite with SOLSTICE so thought I’d pop on and share a few pics. So happy to see her in the water. Hopefully the owner enjoys her

Turns out I did do it right ✅

Attachments

• IMG_1168.jpg
    IMG_1168.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1166.jpg
    IMG_1166.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1163.jpg
    IMG_1163.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1179.jpg
    IMG_1179.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1176.jpg
    IMG_1176.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1175.jpg
    IMG_1175.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 35
Hendo! Welcome back mate! Glad to hear from you again. Solstice looks great, your vision is alive and well.
Cheers,
Bob

Glad you are back and on your feet! Any plan for solstice II ? :)

L

Glad to see you posting again! Has to be rewarding to see her as you envisioned her.

Ted

As a forum participant for 10 years, I've never seen a more uplifting and satisfying post. Good on ya!
BD

She Looks great! You produced a beautiful vessel. Glad she is being enjoyed. Hope all is well with you.

Man this is great, Matt’s little Christmas give to us

This is awesome! I'm glad you were able to see her again and took time to share here. If anyone is reading this thread for the first time, I suggest going back and reading from the beginning. It's an amazing story!

Glad to see Solstice in the water and floating on her lines! Truly an amazing story!

And really glad to see that you survived difficult times. Keep well.

Norlund
Midland, Ontario

Hi all
Been a few years. Hope you’re all well. I was able to reunite with SOLSTICE so thought I’d pop on and share a few pics. So happy to see her in the water. Hopefully the owner enjoys her

Turns out I did do it right ✅

Really good to hear from you, thanks for posting. Yes you did it right. Go well my friend!

Matt:

What a joy to hear from you, and to see you smiling in these photos. And simply first-rate that the new owner kept her name.

Warmest Regards,
Mrs. Trombley

P.S. I've righted two of your photos, for oldies like me who still use a laptop.

Attachments

• Solstice 2023-a.jpg
    Solstice 2023-a.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Solstice 2023-b.jpg
    Solstice 2023-b.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 9
I’m lost for words on what you did. Here’s the before and today. WOW!

Attachments

• IMG_8468.jpg
    IMG_8468.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8469.jpg
    IMG_8469.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 8
Those two pictures from Larry M about some it up. You have done a remarkable job.

Well done.

So glad to see Solstice in the water and being used.

But seeing you back on the forum is a great Xmas present! Hope you’re healthy and doing well my friend. Please hang around and fill us all in on how life has treating you!
Any new projects in the works?

Cheers!

So glad to see Solstice in the water and being used.

But seeing you back on the forum is a great Xmas present! Hope you’re healthy and doing well my friend. Please hang around and fill us all in on how life has treating you!
Any new projects in the works?

Cheers!

epic rebuild/conversion.... You should be proud of your accomplishment with this project...Hope your doing well!

Glad you are back and on your feet! Any plan for solstice II ? :)

L

Hey Lou
Haha no mate. If I was to do another build it’ll be from a set of plans or buy one and tidy it up. I’ve since got myself a new partner ( She’s actually originally from the USA) and have gotten into property remodeling but haven’t ruled out a boat lol. Funny story, I only just told Cristi about the boat and this blog and all of my friends on here a few months ago. It blew her mind. I do have a keen interest in photography which keeps my creative side satisfied and my new toy of the German land variety. She a CLA45 AMG Mercedes.

Attachments

• IMG_8787.jpg
    IMG_8787.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 9-enhanced-nr.jpg
    9-enhanced-nr.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 16-enhanced-nr.jpg
    16-enhanced-nr.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9240.jpg
    IMG_9240.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 13-enhanced-nr.jpg
    13-enhanced-nr.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 11-enhanced-nr.jpg
    11-enhanced-nr.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 21-enhanced-nr-2.jpg
    21-enhanced-nr-2.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 9
  • img_3093.jpg
    img_3093.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 8
Well, well, indeed welcome back, Hendo Matt. I guess it's all been said really. So good to see Solstice afloat.
Any thoughts of saving hard and buying her back - at least asking the owner for first dibs if he wants to sell..? Wouldn't be surprised if so - but understand fully if not..?
Seasons greetings, anyway. She does look grand..! Pete B :flowers:

PS. Hadn't seen the pics of the two new significant others in your life when I first posted. They both look gorgeous. Great to see how you've moved on. Keep in touch, eh..?:socool:

Last edited:
Glad to see you posting again! Has to be rewarding to see her as you envisioned her.

Ted

Yeah super rewarding. It’s a weird feeling but I get this massive feeling Like confirmation that I did do it right after all. As you know, I spent many years and countless hours worrying about waterlines and if she’s actually float. I believe she still needs ballast put in her but she’s sitting pretty atm I reckon.

Hey Lou
Haha no mate. If I was to do another build it’ll be from a set of plans or buy one and tidy it up. I’ve since got myself a new partner ( She’s actually originally from the USA) and have gotten into property remodeling but haven’t ruled out a boat lol. Funny story, I only just told Cristi about the boat and this blog and all of my friends on here a few months ago. It blew her mind. I do have a keen interest in photography which keeps my creative side satisfied and my new toy of the German land variety. She a CLA45 AMG Mercedes.

You look gorgeous together, wish you the best happiness, enjoy life with her this is the most important.
On your german toy, sorry the wheel is on the wrong side as well as the engine is on the wrong end lol :flowers:
(But still it is a very nice toy)

L

She Looks great! You produced a beautiful vessel. Glad she is being enjoyed. Hope all is well with you.

Yeah she looks good. In the water and stoked she’ll be getting enjoyed. Hope to one day see her underway. Be nice to randomly see her steam past me one day if I’m out and about.

All is well with me mate. Had a rough couple of years but I changed jobs, bought a house and have been working on it, got a new partner and two new bonus children. Have new interests, I’ve lost a truck load of weight, I’m fit and healthy and everything seems to be falling in to place like it was meant to

How are you guys?

Attachments

• IMG_9378.jpg
    IMG_9378.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 9
  • FAA35743-0CB0-4504-8352-E7F33C7EDD44.jpg
    FAA35743-0CB0-4504-8352-E7F33C7EDD44.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 248E484D-A2F6-4FAB-8561-1524B6859D9C.jpg
    248E484D-A2F6-4FAB-8561-1524B6859D9C.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 8587DAA5-3836-4577-8E56-7514C80788D4.jpg
    8587DAA5-3836-4577-8E56-7514C80788D4.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 1AA56238-BED4-4ED0-8CB9-11E4CD55A688.jpg
    1AA56238-BED4-4ED0-8CB9-11E4CD55A688.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7636.jpg
    IMG_7636.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7641.jpg
    IMG_7641.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7639.jpg
    IMG_7639.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7640.jpg
    IMG_7640.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7648.jpg
    IMG_7648.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 8
Matt:

What a joy to hear from you, and to see you smiling in these photos. And simply first-rate that the new owner kept her name.

Warmest Regards,
Mrs. Trombley

P.S. I've righted two of your photos, for oldies like me who still use a laptop.

Thanks Mrs T. Appreciate your kind words and the IT support ;-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom