Weekly email from trawler Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TorronaPwr

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Ava
Vessel Make
Cruisers Yachts 3075
Hi everyone, I was enjoying the weekly email from the sister site, Cruisers Forum, and realized I haven't been getting a weekly email from this site for some time.
I checked my profile and nothing has changed there so I'm wondering if one is still sent out???

I get the newsletter but I had to go into my profile to get it going. You need to go to User Control Panel, then go to Edit Newsletter

Thx for the reply Phil, but i couldn't find an "edit newsletter" tab anywhere on my profile page - lots of "edits" but not that one. Strange!

Go to your page (click on your name)
On the Red banner bar in the top of the page look to the left and you will see USERCP
Click on that and on the left side of the screen you will see a bunch of options
Click on Edit Newsletter options (towards the bottom)

At.least that's how I found it

Aha - we have a winner! Excellent directions and I found the correct edit site straight away. Strangely, the trawler newsletter was already ticked, as was the cruisers newsletter, so I deleted them, hit apply, then added them again and hit apply, so we shall sit back and await the results.

thx again for your help Phil:)

Aha - we have a winner! Excellent directions and I found the correct edit site straight away. Strangely, the trawler newsletter was already ticked, as was the cruisers newsletter, so I deleted them, hit apply, then added them again and hit apply, so we shall sit back and await the results.

Phil kudos on the directions.
Torrona, If it does not work then uncheck it, then clear the internet browser cache. You may lose some auto logins in the process and have to re memorize

No problem, this is a great forum. The funny thing is I had the same problem you experienced!

Newsletter Posts

Hi everyone, I was enjoying the weekly email from the sister site, Cruisers Forum, and realized I haven't been getting a weekly email from this site for some time.
I checked my profile and nothing has changed there so I'm wondering if one is still sent out???

I haven't received the Trawler Forum newsletter in over a year. I complained on this thread, tried everything recommended about editing my email accessability to no avail. Now, out of nowhere I just received Newsletter #253, having done nothing lately to make it so. We'll see if this continues. No complaints, but why?

I haven't received the Trawler Forum newsletter in over a year. I complained on this thread, tried everything recommended about editing my email accessability to no avail. Now, out of nowhere I just received Newsletter #253, having done nothing lately to make it so. We'll see if this continues. No complaints, but why?

The filtering is on the recipient side, not the sender. The Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP) is old and very simple. The message if formatted and sent. The SMTP protocol is, effectively Simplex. The message is sent, there is no data back.

If the recipient rejects the mail, it may send an NDR (Non-Delivery Report), but this would typically only occur if the domain is correct, but the user is invalid. Spam Filters will not send an NDR.

In bulk mailings, the NDR's are not tracked. Users create logons, define an E-mail and sometimes those E-mails are no longer valid.

In short, if you're contact info. and notifications are being set in Trawler Forum, then the E-mails are being sent. If you are not receiving them then it is either the ISP, Mail Server, or virus, spam of filter settings of some kind.

I posted this when I received #523 on June 7 of this year. Today, 6/24 I received Newsletter #528. What gives? I am mystified.

I posted this when I received #523 on June 7 of this year. Today, 6/24 I received Newsletter #528. What gives? I am mystified.

You mean there is a newsletter besides the mail?

Ditto

Exactly the same as you - haven't changed anything at my end or at the site and out of the blue received the weekly newsletter.

Ghosts and Goblins are at work!

The filtering is on the recipient side, not the sender. The Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP) is old and very simple. The message if formatted and sent. The SMTP protocol is, effectively Simplex. The message is sent, there is no data back.

If the recipient rejects the mail, it may send an NDR (Non-Delivery Report), but this would typically only occur if the domain is correct, but the user is invalid. Spam Filters will not send an NDR.

In bulk mailings, the NDR's are not tracked. Users create logons, define an E-mail and sometimes those E-mails are no longer valid.

In short, if you're contact info. and notifications are being set in Trawler Forum, then the E-mails are being sent. If you are not receiving them then it is either the ISP, Mail Server, or virus, spam of filter settings of some kind.

So Shrew, I'm sure this makes a lot of sense to you, but this is not how it is working. We've done nothing to make these Newsletters not acceptable, and yet we don't get them for some reason. We'd like something more acceptable than "we have done something, and we need to fix it". That is simply not the case. Nothing has changed on our end.

There is a newsletter? Who knew?

I don't need one, I look for what I want to read, when I have time.

The seems to be a setting that permits, or doesn't, in your user CP, on the left, down near the bottom, so if you want a newsletter you turn it on, if you have it and don't want it, turn it off.

Back
Top Bottom