unread private messages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillippeterson

Hi, I've tried contacting a moderator and get no reply. The notifications on the home page indicate there is an unread private message in the inbox. But no such message can be found.

Any ideas?

Click on the little red triangle to report the post and it will notify the moderators. I reported your post so someone should contact you.

Phillip
I'll try to help but other Mods might have other ideas.
I have read PMs and still gotten a notation that I have unread msgs until I sign out of TF. When I sign back in the notification is gone.
What is your situation and are you using the website or App?

Greetings,
Mr. p. Better find out what it's about. It may be the new car warranty folks.

iu

I have that too, notification but no new message. Signing in and out didn't change anything...

I'm on a computer...refreshing my browser works for me. I have no idea how to do that if you're on your phone.

--Peggie

I think it's residue from the spam episodes.

Somebody else reported the phantom notification went away once they received and read a second PM from somebody else.

I had the same thing, leftover from the spam thing... and the phantom notification did indeed go away once I received a real PM and read it.

-Chris

Yep i have the same message and logging in and out did nothing to change it.

I think it's residue from the spam episodes.

Somebody else reported the phantom notification went away once they received and read a second PM from somebody else.

I had the same thing, leftover from the spam thing... and the phantom notification did indeed go away once I received a real PM and read it.

-Chris

Yes this is what the problem is and it goes away when you get another PM and read it. I got somebody to send me a test PM to solve the problem.

Yes this is what the problem is and it goes away when you get another PM and read it. I got somebody to send me a test PM to solve the problem.

This^^^^^

The forum deletes spam text message and until you get and read another the PM shows unread. Bacchus, send him a PM.

Finally saw I could check a box to select all messages and mark them as read. That cleared the notification.

Yep, that worked!

This^^^^^

The forum deletes spam text message and until you get and read another the PM shows unread. Bacchus, send him a PM.

I was also experiencing this. For others, you can also just send yourself a PM and then delete it to fix this.

Back
Top Bottom