Annunciator panel lamps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwag956

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Scrimshaw
Vessel Make
1989 GB 42 Classic
1989 GB 42 - the alarm panel above helm and on FB has small lamps covered with a screw-on yellow lens. A few are out - and I have tried 3 different suppliers on Amazon and none 'fit'.

They are E5 (tiny) - I have tried 1 incandescent and 2 LED. The alarm panel sockets are kind of goofy - mostly plastic with a metal 'side'. I couldn't get any of the 3 to screw in at all - while the old burned out one screws in just fine.

Anyone have a source for these?

Try an automotive supplier/auto electrician. They sound like the ones I replaced in an IG, tiny little bulbs, a local auto electrician had an old looking cardboard display of the bulbs, I bought several.

Little Light Bulbs

Greetings, Try Radio Shack T-1 3/4 with E-5 base or equivalent. Although Radio Shack is out of business, you can try eBay, auto parts and hobby shops (model planes, electric trains etc) for replacement bulbs. Use a piece of small diameter clear tubing (like air tubing in a fish tank) to grip the tiny bulb and provide a handle to turn the bulb in the socket. Good luck.
John

Upgrading warning lights to LEDs

I had the same issue plus some corrosion in some of the sockets making them unreliable. Ended up replacing all the bulbs/sockets with flush mount Oznium 11mm bolt LEDs from Amazon. Much brighter. You can’t miss it if one lights up. Worked so well I fabricated a panel for the upper helm as not all the earlier GBs had a panel on the bridge. A simple weekend project. Contact me directly if you are interested and I will give you the specifics. Mike. mrharrisod@earthlink.net. 5DC1C3F7-5E53-4372-BD72-E69A68D8A433.jpg.

Attachments

• D6FB9316-9D81-4E05-8DAF-3EB41DC35735.jpg
    D6FB9316-9D81-4E05-8DAF-3EB41DC35735.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
These fit my 92.
Eiko 373-20 373, 14V .08A T1-3/4 Midget Screw Base Light Bulb (Pack of 20)

Back
Top Bottom