Mainship Washers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdSail

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Momentito
Vessel Make
Mainship 34 Pilot Hardtop
Hi all, Hope y'all had a nice thanksgiving (US folks) ... I have asked this question in a few places and have poked around in the boat ... but to no avail. Does anybody know anything about the factory windshield washers, I can not get them to operate, I believe I have a bad solenoid, but can not find where the system lives. ANY information would be appreciated ... my boat is a 2007 MS Pilot HT if that helps and the 3 washer ports are below the windows and chrome.

Those are fairly light duty motors, and I'd be surprised if they employ a solenoid or a relay. My 34T has auto reset breakers behind the lower helm. Maybe there?

Thanks LongJohn - I think the switch works, the wipers do, and I think I hear clicking which i push the switch down to spray mode ... just looking for the device that pumps water onto the windows ... I was thinking it might be a solenoid in the fresh water system

Edsail
I dont believe there is a pump. At least on my '08 MS 34HT the washers run off fresh water pressurized system with just a solenoid valve.
I'm not sure where my valve is but believe its in my ER?
The Pilots are very different so can't even guess.

Thanks Don .... I will keep looking - I do love your site and particularly the teak job!

Thanks Don .... I will keep looking - I do love your site and particularly the teak job!
Thats our favorite project as well and get lots of compliments.
Thanks

The window washer solenoid on my MS 400 is located on the flybridge behind the upper helm station.

As Bacchus said, on our 07 Pilot 34 the washer is run off the fresh water system. My solenoid is in the ER below the helm in a rather inaccessible spot, just hanging on the 1/4" flex tubing. It is too high up to reach from below, and not accessible from above. It currently has a very, very minor leak, but ill just have to live with it. Hopefully the HT is easier to get at.

Thanks for the replies and I think it is forward if my starboard fuel tank - but not easily accessible. May have to come up with a plan b which might include adding an inspection batch to the bottom of the under west storage. Will report back if I make progress.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom