Windshield Wiper arms and blades Mainship 400

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

M T Nest

We just purchased a 2007 Mainship 400. The wiper arms were removed. I am searching for replacements but need to know there size, or who made them and maybe where to get them.

MT Nest

i believe afi is the oem. i have replaced numerous motors and arms. one reci i have is to go for the heavy duty motor option.

Don, of Bacchus, was able to obtain a visual bill of materials listing for a huge number of Mainship/Luhrs/Silverton/Hunter boat parts. Some of the items were used across one or more brands. I am attaching the Marinco wiper blade information and also a photo of my boat's wiper blade. I can't guarantee it is the same item, but it looks pretty close. You might able to have Marinco look up the item or you may have to get a better photo of the whole blade from another 400. This is the best photo I have for the time being.

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 32
  • MS400 Wiper Blade.jpg
    MS400 Wiper Blade.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 31
Gary
I'm glad to see other MS owners using the resource!
Unfortunately there was a lot more MS info available online but Marlow chose to take it down and would not even respond to inquiries & offers to take over hosting the info if they would make it available for transfer.

Yeah, Don, I downloaded the entire catalog as soon as you posted it. Love having the info at hand when I need it. It's a shame Marlow won't cooperate. In fact, I bet they would sell a bunch of MS trawlers if they ever decided to put them back into production.

We just purchased a 2007 Mainship 400. The wiper arms were removed. I am searching for replacements but need to know there size, or who made them and maybe where to get them.

MT Nest

This is what I purchased from Amazon. They fit perfectly.
Marinco 33037A Wiper Arm, Deluxe Black Stainless Steel Pantographic, 17"-22" Adjustable

I also bought these blades, but they were not the best quality. Try plastic blades.
414220S-1 414220S1 Stainless Steel Wiper Blade - 20", Silver

Once you have the blades installed, be sure they do not hit the bottom or sides of the windshield. Adjust the arm length to fit.

Also the wiper motors do NOT park automatically like those on your car.. So trial and error is your guide. Do NOT tighten the arm set screw until you have made your adjustments., They are difficult to remove once installed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom