Signing on. It’s good to be back on the water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mayday

Vessel Name
Traiteur
Vessel Make
2000 Grand Banks 46 Classic
My wife Cherry and I are back on the water after several years high and dry. I’m 72 and hoping after about 35 years roaming the GOM, the Keys, and Cuba we can squeeze in a few more before hanging it up for good. After months of searching we settled on a fine 2000 GB 46 Classic we found in Maine in the waiting days of the season up there. We planned to run Traiteur (we’ve renamed her, in south Louisiana a traiteur is a mystical healer) back home starting in early October. But, by the time we were underway, Mother Nature had chosen to so severely damage marinas on the north central Gulf we had little choice but to temporarily hold up in St. Aug, Fl. She’s performed flawlessly all the way down. Our plans near term are to slowly make it down to revisit the Keys over the next couple months then slip across the Gulfstream for a few weeks in the Bahamas. After that, who knows. What we do know is how grateful we both are to be back doing what we love.

I wondered how long it would be before you guys came back to the water. All the years of you and Cherry exploring the Gulf Coast and the Keys, the sea and adventure is in your blood. Beautiful GB! What anchor and engines you have? Pics would be great! Enjoy every moment guys.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom