You are Not Qualified to have LI Batteries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We’re leaving our Haibike and Bull ebikes at home this trip. They like to be stored with the batteries fully charged in a dry temperate place. So they will stay in our heated garage charged but unplugged this trip. They’re mountain bikes so have a suspension and don’t fold. On the boat they can stay in the second stateroom when we’re not on the boat. But for this trip will intermittently visit and cruise with friends as we meander up the coast back to R.I. so want that second stateroom. But don’t want to leave them outside for the periods we’re off the boat. We normally ride on dirt or sand when at the dirt dwelling and really like the mountain bikes for that. Nothing is easy. Good folding mountain ebikes are silly money.
Wonder the brand involved in that fire. Both Haibike and Bull are very popular mid to premium brands. Especially in Germany from talking with friends. To my knowledge no history of fires. Think fire more likely with overcharging. Note where this event occurred. Makes me wonder if something caused that battery to overcharge.

Back
Top Bottom