Who's changing your zincs during covid 19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Covid 19 deaths decline House Arrest Continues

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/

I realize each state and county is on a little different track, our numbers here in San Diego have remained low and hospital beds were always plentiful. I have zero cases in my zip code at my farm but can't hike on the nearby State Park? Everyone got hysterical over NYC and put more restrictions on the existing restrictions and they appear to keep coming.

Even the University Of Washington Model which was 1000 percent incorrect has adjusted their numbers to reflect reality.

Visited my boat at the yacht club last week, mounted a sun deck wing door, removed the other one to bring home and redo. Went to the San Diego Marine Exchange to purchase a can of varnish. For the first time in twenty years I did not have to wait for service, as the place was almost empty of customers. It ain't all bad.

Normally, I dry dock for a week and change my own zincs. This year I needed my props pulled. So I called our diver. They pulled and re-installed the props 4 shaft zincs and the flat plate.

The cost was about $100 more if I had been dry docked.

Attachments

• thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 36
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 34
ASD if you really had been “dry docked” the cost would have been astronomical.

ASD if you really had been “dry docked” the cost would have been astronomical.

Well on the hard. We normally get pulled in Illwaco for a week every year. But I could have got stuck on the hard if I was out of the water when all the madness started.

What's the rate/cost for drydocking one's boat in Alaska? (Here, Kodiak AK.)

Attachments

• IMG_3265.jpg
    IMG_3265.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
What's the rate/cost for drydocking one's boat in Alaska? (Here, Kodiak AK.)

See these all over SE Alaska. Tide goes out, you sand and paint the bottom. The ports normally charge a nominal fee.

See these all over SE Alaska. Tide goes out, you sand and paint the bottom. The ports normally charge a nominal fee.

Yup, but don't try it with an older boat like a Chris Craft. They didn't have keels integral to the hull, they were bolt on keels. Put her on a grid, and you will end up with all SORTS of leaks! I'm talking woodies here though. My 1959 Monk did just fine, on the grid in Gig Harbor. Not as usable on the East Coast though, as the East Coast doesn't have the tide swing that the PNW has.:dance:

Back
Top Bottom