Vesper flat rate repair. Experience with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Pacific Myst
Vessel Make
West Bay 4500
Has anyone used Vesper's flat rate repair service? If so how was it? Did Vesper fix the unit? How quick was the turn around.

Vesper XB800 cuts out and will start again after powering down for a while. Sometimes it runs for a few days OK. Today about 3.5 hrs. Sometimes it comes back to life with a short power down. Today it took much longer.

Greetings,
Mr. PB. No idea about repairs BUT have you contacted Vesper regarding the outages? Might it be a fault in your wiring or that of the network somewhere?

I had the GPS antenna replaced, damaged cable. Then it worked fine for a few weeks before the intermittent failures started. I'll check the power cable and VHF antenna cable for abrasion and damage. Not much else to it. The Vesper IS the network.

Greetings,
Mr. PB. Perhaps "network" is the wrong word (basically electronics Luddite). I mean electrical faults in the other things connected to the Vesper (laptop?/gauges?/VHF?/splitters?/USB cables?).

My first "go to" for every electrical "Gremlin" is to check and double check all of the wiring. In MY case it has eliminated quite a few "in hindsight" moments.

iu

Oh yeah, I agree, unplug the toaster first. And, once unplugged check for loose connections, corroded connections, bad grounds, chafed insulation. Even, if you can, at the device check voltage when it's turned on. We'll see what turns up.....

Back
Top Bottom